Jeep Renegade Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anyone know what this warning light is? Coming on more frequently. I just passed 1000 miles. The dealer is not certain.
Have you checked the stored "messages" screen to see if that particular amber "telltale" indication is leaving a message behind each time?? If not, there may be a non-stored message on the screen for 5 seconds after the light appears each time.

This particular indicator is not in any of the printed or electronic manuals I can access. The location is also generic, there are many different telltale symbols that might appear in that location.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have read the manual. I did once get the audio system failure and that's the symbol above! Thanks. Funny part is all seems to work fine even when it's on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am also see this warning light and it is not in the user manual as you said. It goes off within a minute. However, I've also noticed that it will turn off if I switch gears (like going in reverse). Any information you find out would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Renegade Audio System Failure telltale

I am also see this warning light and it is not in the user manual as you said.
You are right that it is not in the US manuals for the Renegade. This warning light is however in the UK edition (EU-english) of the manual on page 56.

Unfortunately, there is no additional information besides the suggestion to contact your Jeep dealer. Let's just hope they passed the service info for this error code along to the US and didn't leave that out as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks. Well today my front left speaker seems to have blown out. I think this is what the warning light was telling me. There is a lot of distortion in the front left speaker. I will be taking it to the dealer on Monday to look at it. Are you having any distortion in your speakers?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sometimes it stays on for just a minute sometimes the entire trip. I will keep you posted if I learn anything further.
The dealer tech will be able tell you more once they scan for fault codes via the diagnostic port. The more they try to make modern cars fool-proof they manage to make them more complicated than necessary. It could be something minor... or it could be the tip of an iceberg. Since it's in warranty, best to have it checked out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had 2 messages. This was one of them for the sound system. The 2nd was 4wd service.
Took it in.
"Poor connection on a panel that is under the feet of the passenger seat."
Picking up today.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had 2 messages. This was one of them for the sound system. The 2nd was 4wd service.
Took it in.
"Poor connection on a panel that is under the feet of the passenger seat."
Picking up today.
Nick, my dealer could not resolve the issue. The "Sound System Unavailable" light still comes on occasionally. They are communicating with Chrysler, but they are not getting very far. Could you please give me more specifics about how they fixed your issue. If you could tell me what you invoice says (what exactly did they fix), I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It looks like the Seat Belt not on nag warning. In many Automotive computer program, the sound system is disabled if you engage a gear with your seat belt off. Make sure your belt is on prior to selecting a gear, or check the seatbelt switches. This seems to potentially fit the problem described.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It looks like the Seat Belt not on nag warning. In many Automotive computer program, the sound system is disabled if you engage a gear with your seat belt off. Make sure your belt is on prior to selecting a gear, or check the seatbelt switches. This seems to potentially fit the problem described.
Thanks for the suggestion. However, the warning light comes on immediately when the car is first started, before any gear is selected. It comes on with or without the seatbelt on. It is very random. I'll keep watching it to pinpoint when it is coming on, but so far it is very random.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree it's not the seat belt. It comes on as soon as the car is started. Seems to come on before you accept agreement on screen but doesn't go away either. Very annoying

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.