Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HeLp! After a little clarification from the group if you can. I have a 2017 Sport 1.4L Turbo, and found a Auto Climate Control from a Junk Yard for a 2016 Model. I easily installed it, but have come across the flashing Millage on the Dash now. A friend is a mechanic for VW, and I discussed the issue with him. He said that this could have a crashing effect on the CANBUS, and end up bringing it down.

I contacted the local service and parts dept regarding the 'upgrade' option for my VIN, and parts was clear that the head is not compatible. I asked if I put it on, if service would be able to FLASH it. He had no idea if they could.

I am concerned only a little about it crashing, and more concerned about it voiding the Warranty. Anyone have any experience with this issue, and how it may be resolved? Should I just deal with the flashing mileage? Should I take into the dealer and ask them to FLASH it? What are your thoughts please. Thank you

·
Registered
106 Posts
HeLp! After a little clarification from the group if you can. I have a 2017 Sport 1.4L Turbo, and found a Auto Climate Control from a Junk Yard for a 2016 Model. I easily installed it, but have come across the flashing Millage on the Dash now. A friend is a mechanic for VW, and I discussed the issue with him. He said that this could have a crashing effect on the CANBUS, and end up bringing it down.

I contacted the local service and parts dept regarding the 'upgrade' option for my VIN, and parts was clear that the head is not compatible. I asked if I put it on, if service would be able to FLASH it. He had no idea if they could.

I am concerned only a little about it crashing, and more concerned about it voiding the Warranty. Anyone have any experience with this issue, and how it may be resolved? Should I just deal with the flashing mileage? Should I take into the dealer and ask them to FLASH it? What are your thoughts please. Thank you

From the other posts I've read..it looks like to solution to the flashing would be taking it to your dealer and let them flash the system with the new climate control. Of course the dual climate control wont actually work on the passenger side...but at least the computer wound recognize the climate control unit.

GL with it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts