Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-
I have a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk with the cold weather package. My sales guy said the heated seats and steering wheel would turn on automatically when the ambient temp was below a certain mark. I have a friend who has a Cherokee who has something called Auto on comfort or something like that which he said is how that is set. There is no such setting I can find on my Renegade's U Connect. Anyone know about this feature on Renegades?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hello-
I have a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk with the cold weather package. My sales guy said the heated seats and steering wheel would turn on automatically when the ambient temp was below a certain mark. I have a friend who has a Cherokee who has something called Auto on comfort or something like that which he said is how that is set. There is no such setting I can find on my Renegade's U Connect. Anyone know about this feature on Renegades?

Thanks
It is in the uconnect somewhere. I think I read it comes on below 5'C somewhere.
The US cars seem to be set up to do it from the factory, not sure about other areas.

·
Registered
607 Posts
This is from my digital owners manual. US-Based Renegades.
Above where you highlighted, the manual reads that "the system has a range of at least 300ft" ... I'm pretty sure that Jeep meant to say that the system has a range of at most 300ft, not "at least" 300ft which is implying that the range is much greater than 300 feet, LOL!

That's a TYPE-O Jeep! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Page 49 of what says it is the US manual.

When Remote Start is activated, the heated steering wheel and driver heated seat features will automatically turn on in cold weather. These features will stay on through the duration of Remote Start or until the ignition switch is cycled to the MAR/RUN position.

NOTE: The Remote Start Comfort System can be activated and deactivated through the Uconnect® Settings. For more information on Remote Start Comfort System operation, refer to “Uconnect® Settings” in “Multimedia.”

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks sygyzy. That is what the sales person said as well, but it is not an option in any of the settings in the uConnect of my Jeep (in the car settings). Maybe I need to look at the online settings on the Mopar site since that is technically what you connect through when using the remote start.

Thanks for the info though! Cheers!:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi toohappytocare...
Do you have the option in your uConnect though? I don't even see the option. I've been on with Mopar support and they are totally clueless.

·
Registered
35 Posts
A new renegade owner here and I am having the same issue. Has anyone found the setting to turn it off?
Do you have the remote keyless entry(RKE)/remote start? I have a 2016 TH with RKE and DO NOT have a setting to enable/disable the automatic heated steering wheel, seats and rear defroster. I do know that there is a Uconnect update for my Jeep but I haven't run the update yet; not sure if any settings will change after the update.

I do know that I like this feature. All of the heated features turn on if it's below 40° and I use the remote start, so toasty when I get in.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you have the manual transmission (which of course means no auto start) there is no software shutoff for this. You simply shut off the 3 options manually when you start the car. They start automatically at below 40 degrees F. Not a huge inconvenience. Personally I don't use the steering wheel one, but the heated seats are rather nice.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a 2015 U.S. Trail hawk. If I use the remote start below 40 degrees, the steering wheel and seat heaters turn on. There is no way to turn them off. The buttons are non responsive. I have posted video of this in this forum. The buttons work normally otherwise (so it can't be a mechanical failure on the part of the buttons).

Just a warning.

There is no adjustment for this in the uConnect software (you can't change the on/off temperature). I am unaware of a way to turn off this feature, I have seen none in the manual.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you have the remote keyless entry(RKE)/remote start? I have a 2016 TH with RKE and DO NOT have a setting to enable/disable the automatic heated steering wheel, seats and rear defroster. I do know that there is a Uconnect update for my Jeep but I haven't run the update yet; not sure if any settings will change after the update.

I do know that I like this feature. All of the heated features turn on if it's below 40° and I use the remote start, so toasty when I get in.
Yes, I have the RKE. But these things are turning on when I just sit in the car and press the start button.
As a separate issue when I use the remote start all 3 things happen in addition to the AC being turned on...Turning the AC on when it is cold seems a little strange.
I spent an hour last night looking at the touch screen as well as the in dash menu's and could find no way to turn this off.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.