Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this sounds like a silly question, but..... can you turn off the Auto selection off the mode selection knob on the Trailhawk?? The manual mentions that the Auto mode also reduces fuel consumption....as though you had the option to turn all modes off for better mileage. From manual:

AUTO: This four-wheel drive operation is a continuous operation, is fully automatic and can be used on and off road. This mode balances traction to ensure maneuverability and acceleration improvement compared to a car with two wheel drive. This mode also reduces fuel consumption, since it allows the disconnect of the drive shaft where conditions permit.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I'm sure this sounds like a silly question, but..... can you turn off the Auto selection off the mode selection knob on the Trailhawk?? The manual mentions that the Auto mode also reduces fuel consumption....as though you had the option to turn all modes off for better mileage. From manual:

AUTO: This four-wheel drive operation is a continuous operation, is fully automatic and can be used on and off road. This mode balances traction to ensure maneuverability and acceleration improvement compared to a car with two wheel drive. This mode also reduces fuel consumption, since it allows the disconnect of the drive shaft where conditions permit.

I do not believe there is a 2 wheel drive only setting.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Auto will operate in 2wd unless it detects slippage and then it will switch over to 4wd. It is saying that it reduces fuel consumption (increasing mpg) since 4wd is only used when necessary. As previously stated, there is no way to force the car to always use 2wd.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The reason Auto mode saves gas is because all the other modes force some amount of 4 wheel drive. Auto mode is always 2 wheel drive unless front wheel slip is detected.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've always thought this should be an option. Imagine having something like a Mustang or Camaro that can be AWD when you want it, but the computer keeps it in RWD unless you tell it otherwise. Even more so, take something like a WRX. All it would need is some computer programming to make it RWD. I don't know why they don't.

That would have made my first two cars much more manageable in winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.