Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today my wife dropped me off at work. About 5 minutes later I get a text that I have the keys in my pocket. Obviously I am still getting used to this feature.

My wife reported that the info center started dinging and a message said key fob is missing. Does anyone know if at some point the Jeep would have turned off? Is there a time limit or a range limit?

Very embarrassed husband!

·
Registered
499 Posts
So today my wife dropped me off at work. About 5 minutes later I get a text that I have the keys in my pocket. Obviously I am still getting used to this feature.

My wife reported that the info center started dinging and a message said key fob is missing. Does anyone know if at some point the Jeep would have turned off? Is there a time limit or a range limit?

Very embarrassed husband!
It will stay on until you shut the ignition off. It won't be able to start without the fob.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Eesh - I'm very worried about such things - some of our 'must haves' were in the preferred options group, which also required remote start. I didn't really want it and would love any advice about ways to avoid these kinds of situations.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Eesh - I'm very worried about such things - some of our 'must haves' were in the preferred options group, which also required remote start. I didn't really want it and would love any advice about ways to avoid these kinds of situations.
If it's the same set up as every other keyless start I've had, the car starts alerting you as soon as you open the door while the engine is running, and then it makes a distinctive alert when you exit the vehicle with the key fob. You have to make a conscious effort to miss it (or perhaps not know what the warning systems are trying to indicate).

·
Registered
953 Posts
You'll have to get in the habit of being conscious of where you put that key fob, especially if you share the car between different people. Gotta hang up your key fob when you get home all the time so you don't steal it away in your jacket pocket when you don't mean to.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You'll have to get in the habit of being conscious of where you put that key fob, especially if you share the car between different people. Gotta hang up your key fob when you get home all the time so you don't steal it away in your jacket pocket when you don't mean to.
Or buy a vehicle with a proper key.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The car comes with two fobs, one for the guy & one for wifey so keep it with you at all times and there should not be a problem. In this case with wifey driving she should have the her fob in her purse.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The car comes with two fobs, one for the guy & one for wifey...
That's rather presumptive - but anyway...in such a case, will it not matter which fob it was detecting when it started?
The car remains on if you leave with the fob, so it won't make a functional difference. You just need it to start it up again.

If you're asking if the alert chimes and messages go off if at least one fob is still in he vehicle, that's a good question. I don't think I've ever tested that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.