Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has the factory autodimming mirror.
Do you know if the power harness is located in the black box behind the mirror? I didn't see anything in mine.

I was given a gentax. I've installed one of these before and had to tap other wires but I'd prefer to tap the intended wires if they are present.

Otherwise, I have a couple of unused harnesses in my headliner by my map lighting.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was wondering if anyone has the factory autodimming mirror.
Do you know if the power harness is located in the black box behind the mirror? I didn't see anything in mine.

I was given a gentax. I've installed one of these before and had to tap other wires but I'd prefer to tap the intended wires if they are present.

Otherwise, I have a couple of unused harnesses in my headliner by my map lighting.
For anyone looking to do this, I advise strong caution. The factory mirror doesn't seem to have a standard removable wedge mount. It looks to either be permanently mounted or mounted in a fashion I've never seen before.
My universal Gentax would not work. Major fail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.