Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've searched the manuals and the forum and while I find lots of issues with lights staying on, I can't find anything about getting the lights to go on. Every car that I have been in when you turn off the engine or open the door the interior cab lights come on. In my Renegade north/latitude with my sky, the only way to get the lights on is by manually pushing the on button. Am I missing something or is this just not a feature?

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I have the Longitude, the UK version of the Latitude/North model. On page 25 UK handbook, the courtesy lights can be turned off or they can be set to come on when doors are opened.

·
Registered
285 Posts
So I've searched the manuals and the forum and while I find lots of issues with lights staying on, I can't find anything about getting the lights to go on. Every car that I have been in when you turn off the engine or open the door the interior cab lights come on. In my Renegade north/latitude with my sky, the only way to get the lights on is by manually pushing the on button. Am I missing something or is this just not a feature?
Make sure this switch (in the red box) is not turned all the way down.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
I thought you had it correct? The one on the left is the dimmer for the ambient lights and the one on the right is the dimmer for the dash.
That switch does not affect the courtesy lights in my Longitude. The info is in the owner's handbook, or at least it is in the UK version.
I just did a little test with my TH.
The switch in the red box controls ambient lighting (the leds in the doors where the waterbottle pockets are, and the main led in the upper console between the cabin lights.
The switch in the blue box controls the backlight brightness on the speedometer and the other dash indicators but also controls the cabin lights when you move the wheel to the uppermost position. There are two positions it will lock into. The first being maximum brightness for the speedometer, and the next position turns the cabin lights on. When you move the wheel all the way to the bottom it turns the cabin lights off. Even when the doors are opened.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.