Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I ran the most recent uConnect 5.0 update this past weekend, I was scrolling through the menus looking for anything new, and came across the speed-sensitive automatic locks, which I never noticed before, so I turned it on. Locking seems to work fine, I hear the doors lock right about the time I'm ready to shift into 2nd gear after starting.

It's unlocking that's the problem. When I open the driver's door, all the doors are supposed to unlock. Sometimes this happens, and sometimes it doesn't. Several times over the past couple days I've stopped the car, gotten out, then gone around to open the rear passenger door to get my daughter out, and the door was still locked. Other times it was unlocked. I haven't been able to establish a patter, it just seems random.

Anyone else dealing with this?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before the update, I had not noticed the speed-based automatic lock function at all. That's not to say it wasn't there, I just never noticed it before. When I did find it, it was turned off, so I turned it on to try it out, but unless I can figure out what (if anything) is the determining factor behind the other doors unlocking or not, I'll be turning it off and just counting on the child lock in the back by my daughter's seat.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
There should be two separate settings for that. One is the auto lock and one for auto unlock on exit

• Auto Door Locks
When this feature is selected, all doors will lock automatically
when the vehicle reaches a speed of 15 mph
(24 km/h). To make your selection, press the “Auto
Lock” button on the touchscreen, then choose “Yes” or
“No.” The button will highlight indicating that the setting
has been selected. Press the back arrow/Done button
on the touchscreen to return to the previous menu.

• Auto Unlock On Exit
When this feature is selected, all doors will unlock when
the vehicle is stopped and the transmission is in the
PARK or NEUTRAL position and the driver’s door is
opened. To make your selection, press the “Auto Lock On
Exit” button on the touchscreen, then choose “Yes” or

I have auto locks set on mine but not auto unlock.

·
Registered
125 Posts
There should be two separate settings for that. One is the auto lock and one for auto unlock on exit

• Auto Door Locks
When this feature is selected, all doors will lock automatically
when the vehicle reaches a speed of 15 mph
(24 km/h). To make your selection, press the “Auto
Lock” button on the touchscreen, then choose “Yes” or

• Auto Unlock On Exit
When this feature is selected, all doors will unlock when
the vehicle is stopped and the transmission is in the
PARK or NEUTRAL position and the driver’s door is
opened. To make your selection, press the “Auto Lock On
Exit” button on the touchscreen, then choose “Yes” or

I have auto locks set on mine but not auto unlock.
Another reason I like this forum. I have been trying to figure this one out too :)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, with the locks set to auto-lock but not auto-unlock, do you manually unlock the doors every time you get out?

All I want is for all doors to unlock consistently when I turn off the engine and open the driver's door. When I get out of the car and go to open the hatch or my daughter's passenger door only to find it still locked, I get annoyed.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
So, with the locks set to auto-lock but not auto-unlock, do you manually unlock the doors every time you get out?
Yeah, that's how I have it set on mine. Mainly because I usually don't need to open any other doors when I get out and I want them to stay locked. If I do need to get in the hatch or back door then I just hit the unlock button on my door.

·
Registered
83 Posts
All I want is for all doors to unlock consistently when I turn off the engine and open the driver's door.
It depends on your particular Renegade. Mine unlock consistently. But I have the 9 speed, and I set the parking brake each time. If you have the manual, you will need to have it in neutral for the doors to unlock. When I had a manual, I often put it in reverse (lowest gear) when I parked, which, in this case would not unlock the other doors.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It depends on your particular Renegade. Mine unlock consistently. But I have the 9 speed, and I set the parking brake each time. If you have the manual, you will need to have it in neutral for the doors to unlock. When I had a manual, I often put it in reverse (lowest gear) when I parked, which, in this case would not unlock the other doors.
Really? Yes, I have a manual Latitude, My normal routine is to put it in 1st immediately after shutting off the engine. (I let the parking brake set itself.) So all this unlocking randomness has occurred with the gearshift in 1st, I believe. I'll experiment with that, though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Take it to the dealer

Mine is a Trailhawk (so an automatic) and my back doors stopped unlocking on exit, although the tailgate would open. Took it to the dealer, and while I waited they did something that returned it to normal function. Not sure what -- I think they said there was a tech memo on that -- and of course it was free (18,000 miles).

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the 9 speed, never set the parking brake and my doors unlock inconsistently.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.