Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Aux CD Player

24K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Jawbox 
#1 ·
Does any company make a portable CD player that you can plug right into the Renegades USB port to play CD's since I still own about 5000 of them ??

#3 ·
Even when CD players were the main form of car audio, I rarely used the original CD in the car, and even then would rarely have more than 8-10 discs with me.
I would highly suggest ripping all your CD's to your HD. From there you can sort/organize them to be copied to multiple flash drives.
You could probably get all 5000 on a couple of drives the size of your thumb.
Not only would you eliminate the clutter, but you would have instant access to tens of thousands of songs without having to go look for the right disc.
Well worth the ripping time IMHO.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA12K22V7304

#12 ·
Get one of these Aux to Aux cables.
Plug one end into a portable CD player headphone jack
Plug the other end into the Aux port by your Renegades USB port.

You now have a CD player as part of your Renegade audio system.
I may do this as an option on my Sport, I too have alot of CDs but I dont want to be bothered with ripping them onto a thumbdrive, besides I only listen to CDs when the radio is blacked out due to terrain. Alternate option: I need to check with a car stereo place to see if its still possible to install the older model (late 1990's) 6 disk CD player I have stored away from my wifes old car. Now that would be great if its installation is still compatible with todays cars.

#11 ·
Hey
new to the forum
just got a trailhawk but im old school with audio and have lots of cds
anyone know if its possible to hook a cd player to stock head unit
i have the 9 speaker audio system with subwoofer but has the small non gps head unit
You have a few choices:

1) rip it to a supported digital format and put it on a small thumb drive.

One of these suckers is about as unobtrusive as you get. My cd collection of about 525 CDs compressed to decent sounding aac (max bitrate) takes up about 42 gigs. SO you might need to step up to the next bigger one for a whole whopping $20. Ripping will be the painful part. My advice is

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Low-Profile-Drive--SDCZ33-016G-B35/dp/B005FYNSZA/ref=sr_1_10_m?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1452788071&sr=1-10&keywords=sandisk[/ame]

As for reducing the pain of ripping, I used dbpoweramp (about $40) to rip to flac and backed it up to an external hard drive. Then transcode using the batch converter in dbpoweramp to whatever I want as my portable format.

2) Use a the analog headphone jack patch cable to hook it up.

3) get a bluetooth transmitter for the cd player and connect via bluetooth.

#9 ·
You could always plug a portable one into the 3.5mm jack. Or you could take an entire weekend and rip your CD collection to MP3 and put them on a USB drive and plug that in down by the 3.5mm jack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.