Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally ordered the mopar deflector untill i read some poor reviews on the forum. So i tried a local tint shop and had Nano Fusion paint protector film installed on the bumper, hood, fenders, and head lights. It is about 6-8mm thick and seems pretty nice.

After seeing the work involved when installing im glad i went to a private shop. They stripped and clay barred the surface prior to applying the film, something i doubt the dealer would do. They also take considerable time insuring all the edges are sealed properly. took about 2 hours by the time they were finished. It is not noticeable unless you are very close

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
So what exactly is it? Just a clear layer of protectant film applied over the paint? If it works it would be awesome, I can't notice a difference in the pain or anything at all!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had the 100% Ecoflex treatement done on mine three days after I purchased my Renegade. Inside and outside treatment. Smooth, shiny, and no waxing required on the outside. Warranty for Ecoflex? Five years.
Does it coat the plastic trim outside also? That is so hard to clean after any mud or dust dries on it...it's like it gets in the plastic pores and you have to scrub your arms off to get it out. I was looking at getting something to seal it somehow.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is an adhesive plastic film that is about 8mm thick. They apply it to the car similar to tinting windows and use a head gun to smooth it out. You maintain it the same as your paint, pressure wash and waxing is fine. The outter most layer of the plastic is hard. Water beads on it like if it was freshly waxed.

I bought it to prevent stone chips because I do about 50,000 km each year on the highways and the front gets destroyed. This is my first time with this so I will report back in 10,000km to see ifni recommend it or not. This brand has a life time warranty

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks really great! I want to cover my car with such a thing too soon. Also, I have a question for you. Have you guys ever used such dent protectors like those from Dentgoalie? I am always getting hit by other drivers in parking lots and other places. It drives me mad :(

·
Registered
98 Posts
I dont see any problem with the front deflector, I really like mine and it works. I'm thinking of putting a film on the other surfaces, however.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.