Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bougth a jeep renegade latitude 2018 and im thinking of purchasing the 2" economy avid lift kit

is it a good quality and recomendable kit or should I go for another options?

·
Registered
156 Posts
If it were me, I'd opt for the 1.5" Avid. MUCH simpler to install, and does not need the rear subframe (lowering) spacers. The extra .5" of the 2.0 kit is a lot more work to install, will not gain you any net chasis height over the 1.5 (remember, the 2.0 uses subframe lowering spacers) and the extra .5 does nothing for tire clearance (the shape of the wheel well, and the spring perches are the limiting factors for tires on the Renegade).
While MANY opt for the 2" lift (bigger is better, right?!)… personally I'd go with the 1.5".

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also wanted the AVID 2" lift. Trouble is, you can't seem to get them...I have been waiting for months. They have projected release dates that they have missed at least twice now. Same for some of the bumpers. Seems like the have conception and engineering down pretty good but production and delivery...not so much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I recently decided to go with the Avid 2" Lift Kit. Has anyone had trouble reinstalling the suspension strut to the steering knuckle? I just can't seem to get the two aligned properly to put the bolts back in for this step. If anyone has any tips, please share!

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Hi, I recently decided to go with the Avid 2" Lift Kit. Has anyone had trouble reinstalling the suspension strut to the steering knuckle? I just can't seem to get the two aligned properly to put the bolts back in for this step. If anyone has any tips, please share!
I installed the AVID 2.5 inch Spacer Lift with the ATP 2 inch Spring Lift (4 inch lift) with little trouble. Maybe because I saw this tread and was a bit more prepared for a hard time.

I placed the strut assembly up into the strut tower and started the three bolts, but I left them loose (tightened them three or four turns only).

I placed a large screw driver between the strut and the control arm and lifted up on the strut enough to slide an alignment punch into the lower strut mount hole. With the punch in the lower mount hole, I removed the screw driver. I pushed up on the spindle so that the top mount hole was close, then pushed up on the alignment punch so that the top bolt holes lined enough up to insert the bolt.

With the top bolt in, remove the alignment punch and install the lower bolt.

Tighten the 3 top bolts and then the lower 2 strut/spindle bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts