Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In today's auto market companies are trying desperately to figure out how to entice younger buyers to buy new vehicles again. While some think that the down tick in young people buying cars is due to them simply not liking cars, a more accurate explanation would probably say that young people aren't buying cars because they don't have the funds/ cars are pretty expensive. B-segment crossovers have found success in attracting younger customers however, and the bonus is that these vehicles also appeal to older buyers as well.

The Nissan Juke and the Kia Soul have both proven to be very successful in the US market. The Juke has had consistently good sales with February 2014 being its best month yet selling 5197 units in the US. Overall sales for the Juke in 2013 came in at 38,157 units in the US. The Kia Soul has even better sales numbers having sold a total of 118,079 units in the US last year.

Both of these vehicles are clearly aimed at younger people, or at least those who are young at heart. Just take a look at the designs.

All this is to say that the 2015 Jeep Renegade is hoping to find success by following a similar strategy. Build a car that is youthful and adventurous. Keep the price low. And when I say "keep it youthful" that is not to the exclusion of older clientele. Indeed, older folks like to seem with the times, and fun too. The Trailhawk Renegade model should appeal to those who have off-road ambitions and those who prefer a 'rugged' image.

The 2015 Jeep Renegade should be accessible, enticing, and affordable for a range of people from young to old, and I think that is the reason why this Jeep could just be the most successful model in Jeep's line-up.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The elderly love B-segment crossovers because they are easy to step into. Taller than a sedan (so you arch your back less during inegress/egress), yet not too far off the ground like an SUV. Usually more headroom than an entry-level sedan. Easy to drive and efficient to run.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree that the Renegade will be a very successful model for the Jeep brand. from the reading I've done, the inspiration for this is directly from the Wrangler and it is a legitimate addition to the line up of Cherokee, Wrangler & Grand Cherokee with its own distinct character.
in my opinion, younger drivers are often looking for cars that a few years old that can be changed/modified to suit their individual or group interests. no sense in plasti-dipping the wheels on a $25k car when you can get a similar model for a fraction of the cost and personalize it.
car companies have realized this and now offer more options in paint, graphics, wheels, etc to entice buyers.
the Cherokee Trailhawk is an example of truck modified by the factory in ways the buyer might do himself (herself).
the Renegade seems to follow the same line of thinking. Jeep is way ahead of the curve on the unique auto market with the Wrangler as the only vehicle of its type, the Cherokee's new design and the Renegade taking what other companies have tried cosmetically and making it useful.
this should be a winner in big numbers for Jeep.
can't wait to see it and drive it...

·
Registered
402 Posts
I know what you mean. I really want to test drive one...my only regret, I just got a new CUV (Mazda CX-5) last October so I have to wait until it is paid off to get a new vehicle.

Scott

·
Registered
465 Posts
it does seem like cars of this segment are attracting the younger couples

either for size or pricing..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts