Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with their back up camera shifting? The view on mine has changed where it seems to be pointing more towards the ground. I just noticed this tonight, I could not see my license plate before when the camera came on.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
thats how mine has always looked (seeing the license plate I mean) it looks slightly on a angle but that could be the road?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats how mine has always looked (seeing the license plate I mean) it looks slightly on a angle but that could be the road?
I am sure mine has changed somehow, I do not ever remember seeing the license plate, and the red lines were definitely longer. Even my daughter noticed the difference.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I can see my license plate too and the view is similar to what you posted.

Make sure that your camera is not loose in its receptacle in the back hatch.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I am sure mine has changed somehow, I do not ever remember seeing the license plate, and the red lines were definitely longer. Even my daughter noticed the difference.

The lines are not tied to the camera angle. They are superimposed on the image digitally so even if the camera were pointed at the sky, the lines would remain as is. The only time they change is if you have the option to have them curve with steering enabled.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yup, pretty much spot-on to what mine looks like... Have always been able to see the license plate.

On a side-note; my wife's got the 2015 Nissan Rogue, and I kind'a prefer the backup camera in that. It's got a much wider view of things. Like, as I approach the sidewalk I can pretty much see left and right all the way to the neighbors' driveways. Very fish-bowl, but seems to cover a lot more ground.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
how does one apply this Plasti-dip I keep hearing of. Is it a paint or do you actually dip?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So my wife just got back from driving my Rene, and she asked what I did to the back up camera. She said it looks clearer but narrower with black bands on either side of the view.
It has me thinking that maybe there was something off with the aspect ratio, a bit like a widescreen tv.

At least from the feedback from this group, I know It is working asit should now.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts