Jeep Renegade Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't think I see much of my license plate at all. Never noticed it at least.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Mine looks just like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I noticed this too. The camera shifted at some point. When I first got the trailhawk there was no license plate. Today there was and I thought something was wrong with the camera. It may be a combination of the camera moving or since we dont have bottom screws maybe the plate is bending at the bottom so its now in the field of view. But I am very certain it was not there prior to today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Back up camera

Is anyone else having this issue with their back-up camera? When I first bought my Renegade, the entire screen would show what was behind me. Now the bottom 1/3 or so of the screen is showing a distorted image of my license plate. When brought back to the dealer I was told "they are all like that" which is ridiculous since it didn't start that way.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Is anyone else having this issue with their back-up camera? When I first bought my Renegade, the entire screen would show what was behind me. Now the bottom 1/3 or so of the screen is showing a distorted image of my license plate. When brought back to the dealer I was told "they are all like that" which is ridiculous since it didn't start that way.

I picked my 2016 Renegade Trailhawk up yesterday and mine dosent show the license plate.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
The view in my Trailhawk look just like the picture you showed. I can see the license plate at the bottom of the image and it has been like that from day 1.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

I had exactly the same issue. Apparently the view you have now is the correct one.

·
Super Moderator
3,449 Posts
Does it perhaps depend on how the plate is mounted?
Not as far as I can tell, I have had it mounted flush. Delivered with temp tags in a frame, dealer installed plates in same frame, me taking it off and replacing the frame with a different one. All looks more or less the same.

it's a 4:3 NTSC looking video signal. it's the right aspect ratio for the camera and given the location and lens, you are going to see the plate. If you aren't, you are looking at a scaled up view, and the camera is already pretty low on info. The view everyone reports as normal is the view with maximal info, otherwise you are cropping off traffic/obstacles/etc form the top of the screen. (I doubt they are spending the CPU cycles on non uniform cropping).

·
Registered
201 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with their back up camera shifting? The view on mine has changed where it seems to be pointing more towards the ground. I just noticed this tonight, I could not see my license plate before when the camera came on.

I noticed this with mine. When i first got it, i could not see my license plate. Only the bumper. After a while of driving it, i noticed i was now seeing the plate as well. I checked and my camera doesn't appear to be loose, so i just figured that a few times of closing the tail gate shook it down further. It hasn't moved since then. So im not too worried. Just annoyed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had mine for 3 weeks. At first I did not see the plate at all, now after shutting the hatch 4 times I see the plate. Makes every thing look cutoff. Is there a way to fix it so you don't see the plate?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've had my Trail Hawk for about six months and only this week has the back up camera view begun to show the license plate in the bottom portion of the view.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Renegade is 3 weeks old and last night as I was backing into my parking spot I noticed the camera is now displaying my license plate on a 3rd of the screen. Has anyone had any luck getting this problem corrected? I contacted the dealership where I purchased the car and I am awaiting their response.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was on the phone with Jeep today they are lodging an investigation into why our backup cams are shifting like this. My dealership where I purchased it has agreed with Jeep to take the cam out and find out why. My Renegade is going to be a guinea pig of sorts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was on the phone with Jeep today they are lodging an investigation into why our backup cams are shifting like this. My dealership where I purchased it has agreed with Jeep to take the cam out and find out why. My Renegade is going to be a guinea pig of sorts

I'm very interested to hear how this works out for you. I am experiencing this same issue. I saw this thread before I got my Trailhawk almost three weeks ago, so I noticed right off the bat that the license plate was not visible when I picked up the TH. Today, for the first time, my plate is visible at the bottom of the screen. Quite a bit of it, too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm very interested to hear how this works out for you. I am experiencing this same issue. I saw this thread before I got my Trailhawk almost three weeks ago, so I noticed right off the bat that the license plate was not visible when I picked up the TH. Today, for the first time, my plate is visible at the bottom of the screen. Quite a bit of it, too.
My dealership is actually excited to try and solve the issue of why the angles on these cameras shifts. Jeep says that as long as the cause can be found and they determine that it's fixable or if it's their product causing the fault they'll either have to issue a recall and put in different cameras or repair the cameras if they feel they can do so. I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts