Jeep Renegade Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealership is actually excited to try and solve the issue of why the angles on these cameras shifts. Jeep says that as long as the cause can be found and they determine that it's fixable or if it's their product causing the fault they'll either have to issue a recall and put in different cameras or repair the cameras if they feel they can do so. I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.
That's great news! Thanks for being the Guinea pig. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rear Back Camers

I just put my plate on without anything just the plate and now I can see about %10 of my plate on the camera screen. Is this normal? I feel like this decreases my disability or that the lens has been knocked ect.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes on Saturday my local dealership put a new camera in. From the 10 mile drive back to house the camera had moved again. I didn't even get to enjoy the new camera the first time I put it in reverse there it was 1/3 of the screen devoted to the license plate. I'm still in talks with Chrysler about the next step. The Chrysler rep wants my local dealership to do more diagnosis but the number 1 and 2 in charge of service as well as myself see that this is clearly a design flaw in the cameras mounting that is causing this. My advice to all of you on this thread is contact Chrysler, report the issue, and this will help speed up the eventual redesign and recall of our backup cameras.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
108 Posts
Rear view camera

Did anyone's rear view angle of view change it looks like mine did not sure. Can someone look at there's can you see the top of your licence plate and hatch when in reverse I didn't think it was like that before. Thanks if someone can take a look.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had to have my b/u camera replaced because it was taking on water (they told me it was missing a part of its plastic surround). The new one shows more of the license plate than the old one - it looks like it aims down a little more. Still usable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jeep won't recall the camera for a newly designed camera until enough people call and complain and get an official case with Jeep. As of June 2016 I am the only customer to lodge a formal complaint and have a case number with Jeep.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I swear my backup camera changed its view.

Last week I could swear my camera now shows more of the hatch's sheetmetal and license plate than usual. Also, it shows less red zone. And the image is reversed left-right. WTH???

Can you tell me how it compares to yours? Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
716 Posts
Looks just like mine: 2015 TH. My image is not reversed: text (like signs) is not backwards when viewed on screen. There's a long thread with others who think the image shifted. All I can say is that yours shows the license plate and guide lines just like mine always has. I think the view is perfect.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
It works but is NOT the image I've had the past year and it remains reversed. I wonder if it had anything to do with the last radio update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Until we took our renegade in for service you could not see the license plate top from the rear view camera. Now it is visible and so annoying. We took it back to the dealer to complain and they swear they did not do anything to make it change. But interestingly the time on the radio was changed so they must have done something. They swear they did no software updates and even let us see several Renegades on the lot how their backup cameras were and you can see the top of the license plate. If this is the way it is supposed to be I would like to know why. The screen is already small and this just takes up more area on the bottom of the screen.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We noticed on a long drive yesterday that the lines on the camera had disappeared. Today they are back, and we checked on the "info center" and they were turned on all the time. My wife also says she can see the license plate where she couldn't before.

We did have it in for service last week to replace some "seam sealer" that had come loose on the tail gate. Coincidence?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Hey Janie and Tool: You two have active Sirius Satellite on your radio?

And an update. The image is not reversed as I declared in February. My bad. But is was reduced in its format.
Its gone from full screen to a 6:9 format.

In Feb it was reduced but no header telling me always look around.

Now the header is there.

This is all coming from either FCA software or Sirius updates. And before you all rip into me saying it cant be Sirius, you dont know what they've been contracted to mess with.

I just wonder if people with no active Sirius account ever had their 5" screen change.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Thank you Toolmiser. That supports Sirius as a possibility. I have an active account too.

Anyone with a 5" never activate a Sirius account and yet have their screen change?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Rear camera moved

Hand washed my Gader yesterday and my backup camera moved. It now is pointing down more, where it is showing part of my license plate. Can this be re-aligned?

61 - 80 of 93 Posts