Jeep Renegade Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
So after reading through this thread I am convinced my camera moved. In my opinion it is now a safety hazard and i think jeep should have to fix this. my '16 is still under warranty so i may take it in for service.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
762 Posts
[TONE="snarky"]I'm sure glad my camera shifted before I took delivery! I'd hate to think it was unsafe.

How far behind your vehicle do you need to see in the camera for it to be safe?[/TONE]

·
Registered
75 Posts
[soap-box: ON]

GEEZ-LOUISE people! The camera is embedded in a rubberized shock mount. The mount shifts slightly when you mash on it hard, like when hand-washing, or hitting it with high-pressure water from a self-serve car wash hose, or grabbing the lift gate in the wrong place when opening / closing the gate. That's NORMAL. It's also a wide-angle camera, so even a SLIGHT shift will be noticeable as a shift in the edge of the "frame" on the display WITHOUT changing the overall field of view. If the changed angle bothers you that much, just grab the mount between two fingers and gently push it back to the angle you want. it's an EASY fix. (I do it all the time because I frequently have to wipe the mud and grime off the lens when the image gets fuzzy.)

As others have mentioned previously, it is NOT a dangerous thing for the lens / mount to shift slightly . NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING DANGEROUS! And, if you want perfection, your personal ground transport device is not where you should be expecting it.

[soap-box: OFF]

·
Registered
248 Posts
[soap-box: ON]

GEEZ-LOUISE people! The camera is embedded in a rubberized shock mount. The mount shifts slightly when you mash on it hard, like when hand-washing, or hitting it with high-pressure water from a self-serve car wash hose, or grabbing the lift gate in the wrong place when opening / closing the gate. That's NORMAL. It's also a wide-angle camera, so even a SLIGHT shift will be noticeable as a shift in the edge of the "frame" on the display WITHOUT changing the overall field of view. If the changed angle bothers you that much, just grab the mount between two fingers and gently push it back to the angle you want. it's an EASY fix. (I do it all the time because I frequently have to wipe the mud and grime off the lens when the image gets fuzzy.)

As others have mentioned previously, it is NOT a dangerous thing for the lens / mount to shift slightly . NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING DANGEROUS! And, if you want perfection, your personal ground transport device is not where you should be expecting it.

[soap-box: OFF]
So If it moves from hand washing and this is "normal" than why won't it move back.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Guys, I think the camera is fine. Its the headunit that gets updated software and revised the display from full screen to 6:9 (or whatever). So you get some blackbar on the sides and they put a poem about backing up at the top. Yes it sucks but alot of software parameters are attorney-driven. I am not surprised you can use your back bumper as a reference point.

Nothing short of airbag-level complaints will make them change.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine went offline a week ago and came back then went offline during an appraisal which was embarrassing. It started working again but it's in. The shop again been gone for 4 days now?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with their back up camera shifting? The view on mine has changed where it seems to be pointing more towards the ground. I just noticed this tonight, I could not see my license plate before when the camera came on.
So If it moves from hand washing and this is "normal" than why won't it move back.
I agree. I took mine to the dealer and they installed a new camera and I still see the corner of the license plate. No one else that I know has this problem with other vehicles. Jeep needs to fix this issue!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys, I think the camera is fine. Its the headunit that gets updated software and revised the display from full screen to 6:9 (or whatever). So you get some blackbar on the sides and they put a poem about backing up at the top. Yes it sucks but alot of software parameters are attorney-driven. I am not surprised you can use your back bumper as a reference point.

Nothing short of airbag-level complaints will make them change.
Hi there - new to the forum. Lots of good info here!

Having the same issue with the camera. Bought a used 2017 - had it one month now. Suddenly today I see license plate. Has there been any new input on this? And what does it mean "headunit gets updated" who/how is the headunit getting updates?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hi there - new to the forum. Lots of good info here!

Having the same issue with the camera. Bought a used 2017 - had it one month now. Suddenly today I see license plate. Has there been any new input on this? And what does it mean "headunit gets updated" who/how is the headunit getting updates?

Thanks
Do you now have a Sirius account to that head unit?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Has anyone found a way to realign the camera?
I got my son’s laptop with the multiecu software. I’ll take a look.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts