Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Backup Light Light Out is on even though both backup lights are lit.
Does anybody know how to fix it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's the interior back seat light it's a 921. I have the same issue I think it's the wiring because it(dash light) comes on and goes off by itself. I'm going to get in there today

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine did same same many false bulb out messages, but bulbs are fine. Disconnected battery for an reconnected problem went away for now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We are having the same issue. I looked to the forum for answers but was unable to find any. I believe I found the root cause of the error messages. We get multiple stating the backup light is out, turn signal light, Parking light is out, Brake light is out. I have replaced bulbs and looked for a way to reset the errors.

I tried unplugging the battery and waiting but that only temporarily stopped it. I took the back assembly off trying to track down the issue and I found a short that burnt out one of the pins. We bought this car new and have had it for about two years. I don't think this should be our issue.

I have seen many posts about this and plan to go back to each forum and let them know my findings. I have taken some photos and will try to attach them to this message. Please PM is you don't see them. Does anyone know how I can get jeep to cover this issue? Its part of the circuit board and I don't think this short of a time would or should be considered normal wear and tare.

Thanks,
IMG_20200321_192121415.jpg
IMG_20200321_192127527.jpg
IMG_20200321_192508082.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,336 Posts
and enjoy the forum!

It should be covered by warrentee. Looks like water go into it.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
We are having the same issue. I looked to the forum for answers but was unable to find any. I believe I found the root cause of the error messages. We get multiple stating the backup light is out, turn signal light, Parking light is out, Brake light is out. I have replaced bulbs and looked for a way to reset the errors.

I tried unplugging the battery and waiting but that only temporarily stopped it. I took the back assembly off trying to track down the issue and I found a short that burnt out one of the pins. We bought this car new and have had it for about two years. I don't think this should be our issue.

I have seen many posts about this and plan to go back to each forum and let them know my findings. I have taken some photos and will try to attach them to this message. Please PM is you don't see them. Does anyone know how I can get jeep to cover this issue? Its part of the circuit board and I don't think this short of a time would or should be considered normal wear and tare.

Thanks,
Hi gpem, Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local Jeep dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
JeepCares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi gpem, Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local Jeep dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
JeepCares

We finally were able to take it into the dealership and they confirmed what I said but wants to charge me for it. I have tried to explain to them that the car was under warranty when this issue had happened but with them being closed due to this COVID thing we had to sit on it. They are providing us a quote for the repair and stated we can try to open a claim with FCA but they couldn't help us out.

I'm obviously a newbie on this forum how do I PM you? Are you part of FCA? How do I open a claim or get hedlp on this issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
and enjoy the forum!

It should be covered by warrentee. Looks like water go into it.
Thanks for the welcome, Our local dealership says their hands are tide that FCA would have to approve a claim. I'm just not sure on how to file a claim with them. My wife just went to pick her Renegade up so I will have the almost $600 repair quote in my hand in about 15 minutes. I will keep you all updated.

·
Registered
976 Posts
gpem, like you, the forum consists of people who own a Jeep.

I don't know how to file a claim either but as I am in the UK there are a variety of options:

• Search the forum as someone within the last 6 months asked the same question
  • Chat with your Dealership amd be emphatic about your request and do not back down. Be polite and courteous yet never defer to the Service Desk as they do not (likely) understand the issues and are just reading a set script.
  • Escalate your case to the Manager and if that fails then ask for the Area/Regional Manager and so on.
  • Let us not forget "Twitter and FaceBook" as any business hates the negative press that can ensue and are often more likely to fix the issue asap.
  • Threaten Civil Court Action. For the sake of a few additional $$$ you gain a massive bargaining chip against the Dealership as they now have to present the facts of what they did to alleviate your problem.
The highest level of escalation I have met was dealing with a Regional Manager and that resulted in a satisfactory conclusion to both parties and a dramatically improved, service delivery on their part at no cost to myself.

ps Just a passing thought; are you of the opinion this is a Jeep sanctioned and approved Forum whereby everything you read is directly related to Jeep? :oops: :unsure:

·
Registered
33 Posts
gpem, like you, the forum consists of people who own a Jeep...

ps Just a passing thought; are you of the opinion this is a Jeep sanctioned and approved Forum whereby everything you read is directly related to Jeep? :oops: :unsure:
You are correct that this forum is not sanctioned and approved by Jeep or FCA, but the member JeepCares is an official representative of FCA, and has assisted other forum members with resolving their Jeep issues.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
It is up to the dealer to file a claim with FCA. The dealers are the weakest link in the Renegades. If it is still under warranty there should be no question. Try a different dealer if possible, some of them are really bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts