Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I have a 2017 Altitude that I just purchased. It currently has 9,000 miles on it, and the brakes squeak something fierce. Has anyone experienced this before? Is it possible the dealership will look at this under the warranty; or no since it's brakes?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hi all!

I have a 2017 Altitude that I just purchased. It currently has 9,000 miles on it, and the brakes squeak something fierce. Has anyone experienced this before? Is it possible the dealership will look at this under the warranty; or no since it's brakes?
The mileage seems really low to need new brakes. Is it all wheels? It is possible there could be a small pebble between the pads and the rotor. Find a big empty parking lot without any obstructions and back up around 15 mph apply the brakes with some force. If there is a pebble that might dislodge it. Works for me after driving on the beach sometimes. If not I would check where you bought the Jeep and have them check it out.

Nice avatar photo btw.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi all!

if you just purchased, go complain, should have been repaired before sold to you. brakes should not show that type of wear in 9000 miles

·
Super Moderator
1,380 Posts
Dealer need to remove pads, clean everything, regrease with CopperEase and refit.
Under warranty at no charge.

Or fit new ones properly. As they have got ~3 years on them,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The mileage seems really low to need new brakes. Is it all wheels? It is possible there could be a small pebble between the pads and the rotor. Find a big empty parking lot without any obstructions and back up around 15 mph apply the brakes with some force. If there is a pebble that might dislodge it. Works for me after driving on the beach sometimes. If not I would check where you bought the Jeep and have them check it out.

Nice avatar photo btw.
You sir are a genius!!! That did the trick! Thank you!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts