Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not have been an easier sale, I searched online to find the Renegade with all of the options I wanted (Trailhawk, Cold Weather, Popular Equipment) and found a dealer about 1 1/2 hours away.

I walked into the dealer already having shopped and educated myself, knew exactly which of their Jeeps I wanted to buy, exactly how much I should pay and get for my trade. The salesman could not have possibly been less knowledgeable, less helpful, or less friendly but I did not care, I did not need his help or knowledge, just the Renegade that happened to be sitting on his lot. After everything was agreed to I made one simple request - can you please make sure the Renegade has all current updates completed before I drive it home, I was assured this would be done.

So yesterday (mere days after buying) I went online and found that based on my VIN there was a UConnect update available!!! I angrily updated it myself and now my questions are -

1. How can I know if any of the other dealer only updates have been completed? Do I need to take it to a dealer and ask them to check and how will I know if another dealer actually checks or just blows me off like these guys did?

2. Is there a way that the online system tracks my VIN number other than it being plugged in at a dealer? How will I know when the next UConnect update is available?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Download the jeep app and it will alert you. In the dealers defense this recall was issued maybe a week ago-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,388 Posts
Download the jeep app and it will alert you. In the dealers defense this recall was issued maybe a week ago-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah and for the first few days had issues being downloaded by many people.

As for flashing things other than the head unit, the most reliable way is to hook it up to the diagnostic unit.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I would not get too excited over this. Your sales guy is just not that competent. Make an appointment with the service department and tell them you want all updates on your vehicle attended to. They will take care of you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So far this are the updates that they have done on my renegade

1) HVAC 08-063-15 (ac/heater)
2) RFH FLASH 08-060-15 (radio frequency)
3) IPC 08-066-16 (instrument panel cluster)
4) PCM FLASH 18-043-15 REV A (power control module)
5) BCM FLASH 08-085-15 (body control module)

·
Registered
378 Posts
So far this are the updates that they have done on my renegade

1) HVAC 08-063-15 (ac/heater)
2) RFH FLASH 08-060-15 (radio frequency)
3) IPC 08-066-16 (instrument panel cluster)
4) PCM FLASH 18-043-15 REV A (power control module)
5) BCM FLASH 08-085-15 (body control module)
What was the build date of your vehicle ? Most of these should have been done during assembly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would not get too excited over this. Your sales guy is just not that competent. Make an appointment with the service department and tell them you want all updates on your vehicle attended to. They will take care of you.
like your comments and plan to talk to dealer as advised // for my education; UConnect has its updates // is there updates on the control modules that are done but only by the dealer? Thanks in advance, bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts