Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reading an article the other day concerning cars not to buy. out of 15 listed vehicles four were jeeps if they are that bad why are people buying them?
i sit on my front porch in the morning and at least 20% of the vehicles that go by are jeeps. my early problems disappeared and my 2017 trailhawk runs sooo well that i could not figure out why it would not lock when i got out, it was because the engine was running.very quiet. i like my ride.
to many bad complaints on this site, time to brag about your ride not knock it

·
Registered
401 Posts
reading an article the other day concerning cars not to buy. out of 15 listed vehicles four were jeeps if they are that bad why are people buying them?
i sit on my front porch in the morning and at least 20% of the vehicles that go by are jeeps. my early problems disappeared and my 2017 trailhawk runs sooo well that i could not figure out why it would not lock when i got out, it was because the engine was running.very quiet. i like my ride.
to many bad complaints on this site, time to brag about your ride not knock it
Marketing, looks and price. If a vehicle has good marketing and people like the way a vehicle looks and it's priced right, people will buy them. The majority of people don't take the time to research a vehicle before purchase. They walk onto a lot, see one they like and ask, "How much ?". They test drive it for 5-10 minutes then start filling out paperwork.

I'm typically one of those that research the snot out of a vehicle before purchase. Up to a year of research. Not this time. I wasn't shopping for a vehicle out of want, I was shopping for one out of need. My current ride died and I needed a way to get to/from work NOW. I've had Jeeps all my life and felt the Renegade fit my needs and my wallet. But I did NOT research the vehicle. And that was my mistake.

·
Registered
292 Posts
2018 Latitude 4X4 here with almost 7000 miles. No problem so far. This is my 11th Jeep in 30 years! My first Jeep, a 1989 Wrangler YJ was a lemon. I kept faith and have purchased 10 more since then. They haven't all been perfect, but not bad by any means. I also currently own a 2018 Wrangler JKU Sahara with about 8500 miles, and again, it's been good so far in the past year and a half. These have low miles because they're fairly new, but I have also driven my Jeeps to 200,000 miles. A lot of people complain and post bad reviews for the Wranglers because they are somewhat noisy, and ride like a stagecoach. Well, they aren't meant to be a boulevard cruiser, they're meant for off road, that can also be driven on the road. The moral of my story is that I'd buy another in a heartbeat, given the chance. People love to complain, but most of us are happy.

·
Super Moderator
2,866 Posts
We liked our first BU so much that is why we went out and got the TH.
0 problems and have had it off road a lot.

As for the wrangler my 07 has 100000 hard miles and still drives great!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much trouble was it to mount your bullbar. none of the vendors i check with will not say anything, very frustrating

1 - 5 of 5 Posts