Jeep Renegade Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
He advised me NOT to buy/lease a new Renegade. He basically said they are "junk" and will NOT hold their value and are basically "disposable." He heads a very big northeast jeep dealership. He said they had "no shelf life," and that they were made in Italy and that in itself was a major problem. "They are junk," was his conclusion. And I ws very interested in one. He said he's only sold 4 and they were base to "young kids."

·
Registered
221 Posts
He advised me NOT to buy/lease a new Renegade. He basically said they are "junk" and will NOT hold their value and are basically "disposable." He heads a very big northeast jeep dealership. He said they had "no shelf life," and that they were made in Italy and that in itself was a major problem. "They are junk," was his conclusion. And I ws very interested in one. He said he's only sold 4 and they were base to "young kids."
How the **** is he supposed to know if they'll hold their value? And what general sales manager would say this?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Which dealership is this? Let me guess, you can't disclose that info?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
He's general sales manager of one of the biggest jeep dealers in the northeast, as I said. I don't want to id him or the dealership for privacy reasons. but he was emphatic in his very experienced, very knowledgable views of the renegade and the jeep sales business. Since i was interested in the vehicle, I was sort of surprised when he spoke candidly to me, though we do have a business and friendship relationship of sorts. He essentially was warning me -- don't buy one. stay away. take it however you wish. I realize I'm preaching to the choir here who have to defend and rationalize their purchase. I was just passing it along to whomever thinks its a valid view.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello, so he was basicly steering you into a higher price Jeep, nice guy. The Renegade Trail Hawk is No Rubicon for sure, though for the price its as comfortable as the Cherokee and very capable off road as a Wrangler Sport. Thanks Norm

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello, so he was basicly steering you into a higher price Jeep, nice guy. The Renegade Trail Hawk is No Rubicon for sure, though for the price its as comfortable as the Cherokee and very capable off road as a Wrangler Sport. Thanks Norm
LOL, no, sorry, he wasn't steering me to anything. As I said I have the top of the line loaded model of one of the three he named and I was just telling him that I have an interest in the renegade and that's what prompted his comments. Hopefully, those who haven't bought yet and read his views will consider them. the fan bois who have bought will just reject. whatever.

·
Registered
221 Posts
LOL, no, sorry, he wasn't steering me to anything. As I said I have the top of the line loaded model of one of the three he named and I was just telling him that I have an interest in the renegade and that's what prompted his comments. Hopefully, those who haven't bought yet and read his views will consider them. the fan bois who have bought will just reject. whatever.
Consider his comments? What does that even mean? We all know it's made in Italy, he has no idea what the future value would be, and he suggested higher priced, probably higher margin cars?

But yeah, you won't disclose which dealership it is.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, not all salesmen get it. I walked on a lot in upstate NY looking at the Renegade and he proceeded at length to tell me it's a woman's car...to the point I felt so insecure about my manhood, I fled.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello aardvark, I did a lot of research, watched all the videos even the sales training videos before I bought. The poor salesman that I got it from didn't have any where the info I had, as I showed him more that he even knew. Im sure that GM doesn't have a clue of what's he's talking about, how could he. There is no real world sats that we can go from even ourselves. We know we're the first testers in a new market that Jeep has to have to survive, because its going to be the overall sales of Renegades that will allow FCA to sell the higher Jeeps to stay in business or FCA will have to sell of the Jeep division as has been done in the past. That GM has a pre judgement against FIAT, (in a way so do I) as I can remember the 124, X19 etc but he should know that Fiat owns Jeep.

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You guys are laughable stating that the GM doesn't know what he's talking about. He runs a fracking multimillion dollars dealership and has been in the jeep business for decades, give me a break and and don't say dumb things. if you got one and your happy, fine. if you are here considering one and require information, well here's more from a jeep executive. do what you wish with it. I think its a really cool looking vehicle but after hearing his advice I'll probably pass..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well, not all salesmen get it. I walked on a lot in upstate NY looking at the Renegade and he proceeded at length to tell me it's a woman's car...to the point I felt so insecure about my manhood, I fled.
Hello, thats a shame. Im sure your manhood is intact, though I used to think Bruce J:xenner was a stud back in the day.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I don't know about that. Mine's not junk and is solidly built as far as I can tell. And the USA built engine and transmission work well so far. It is exactly the vehicle I wanted; not too big, and not too small. And it looks great!

Will it hold its value? Who knows. But what car does hold its value these days. Try to trade in most any car at the dealer and you'll find that the dealer will offer much less than it's worth. Trades are where they make a lot of money.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You guys are laughable stating that the GM doesn't know what he's talking about. He runs a fracking multimillion dollars dealership and has been in the jeep business for decades, give me a break and and don't say dumb things. if you got one and your happy, fine. if you are here considering one and require information, well here's more from a jeep executive. do what you wish with it. I think its a really cool looking vehicle but after hearing his advice I'll probably pass..
Good for him, Glad he's so succesfull. A lot of us even you I'm sure are succesfull too. He's biased nothing dumb about it, just a fact. That's his opinion and that's all it is.
You have a Rubicon or whatever Great! my Trail Hawk will never do what that can do. I'm doing it in a slightly less capable more comfortable better fuel mileage and about $20,000.00 less. Not a opinion a fact.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.