Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just picked up a white Renegade Latitude, my first Jeep / non hatchback. My previous cars were almost all VW, and usually modified quite heavily. I really don't like the chrome grill accents and emblems, and am unsure what I want to do. I know I'm going to black out the grill accents, but has anyone just de badged the Renegade yet? I was going to paint them black as well, but I feel like the black emblems on the white might look a little too storm trooper ish. However, I feel like this isn't the type of car that works well without any emblems as well. Does anyone have any pictures of a white one with either of these done?

On the note of removing the badges, the rear one has the black piece surrounding it, which makes me unsure as to whether these are just stuck on with adhesive or if there is another way of fastening it on. Any input?

·
Registered
138 Posts
There is a couple threads here where people have removed them. It appears its just glued on, heat gun and dental floss was the method I heard worked best. I think the black on white would look awesome. Mines mohave sand and I plan on plastidipping the grill and badges black. But completely removing the north (latitiude) badge

·
Registered
33 Posts
I removed all of mine, jeep, renegade, and latitude badges. All were on stuck on with 3m tape. Heat gun and dental floss worked great and after you get all the glue you can off then some bug and tar remover works great to remove any left over residue

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a couple threads here where people have removed them. It appears its just glued on, heat gun and dental floss was the method I heard worked best. I think the black on white would look awesome. Mines mohave sand and I plan on plastidipping the grill and badges black. But completely removing the north (latitiude) badge
Maybe I suck at searching, but I couldn't find any without any badges. I found one black one, but of course that looks amazing, and couldn't find anything else. I agree the black on white would be nice, but this is my first non black car so everything feels like it's losing subtlety.

I removed all of mine, jeep, renegade, and latitude badges. All were on stuck on with 3m tape. Heat gun and dental floss worked great and after you get all the glue you can off then some bug and tar remover works great to remove any left over residue
Good to know, at least it will be easy. What color do you have? And do you have any photos? Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the "Renegade" on the doors, and the "Latitude" from the back removed. The dealer did it for free. but they are glued on. on of them was peeling off already and the vehicle did not have 50 miles on it. Looks clean. I like the look.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mines mojave sand after I debadged it I went back with black jeep logos on the front and back. Don't have any pics of the back fully debadged but here's what it looks like with black badges. Dipped my grill too.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up removing the badges. I painted the "JEEP" ones black, but I don't think I'm putting them back on. I like it badge less.
Why? Don't you want people to know it is a Jeep?
I am Scottish so it may cultural
Don't think it is cultural, you see lots of badge less cars in all parts of the world. I think it's a fairly unique looking car that people will still know it's a jeep easily, but I just don't like badges. Not sure why, but I never have.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Don't think it is cultural, you see lots of badge less cars in all parts of the world. I think it's a fairly unique looking car that people will still know it's a jeep easily, but I just don't like badges. Not sure why, but I never have.
Which parts of the world?
Not sure I have seen that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You can dealer option, at a cost, a "badgeless" Audi or Bmw here in the uk. Some buyers with lower spec models don't want to advertise that fact and at the other end of the scale some performance level owners want to maintain the element of surprise at the lights. Personally I never understood why you would pay more to have something taken away and would have put the money towards a different option. I get that you might want it de-badged, just not that you would pay the dealer more to have it that way.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
You can dealer option, at a cost, a "badgeless" Audi or Bmw here in the uk. Some buyers with lower spec models don't want to advertise that fact and at the other end of the scale some performance level owners want to maintain the element of surprise at the lights. Personally I never understood why you would pay more to have something taken away and would have put the money towards a different option. I get that you might want it de-badged, just not that you would pay the dealer more to have it that way.
They don't have model specific details, but they still have BMW or Audi badges don't they?

·
Registered
182 Posts
vs leave it alone, bling is king...

·
Registered
61 Posts
had a european 525 TDS diesel that i loved, it came over with a family from Germany and they sold it to me when they moved back to Europe. i have the hots for an E30 with a s52 swap or a 2002 would be awesome. almost got an e36 M3 when i got rid of my first GTI, still kicking myself on that one. was a really fun car.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I wanted a V12 750 after I drove one that had AC Schnitzer cams. That cooked my head. A 2002 brings good money these days. That was the first BMW I ever drove. Wish I had a mobile phone way back then to record the footage. That was in a time before mobile phones were invented.

·
Registered
61 Posts
haha i hear ya, although I'm only 30.. but i was so pumped, i got off a train from Prague to Berlin, within 1 minute of walking out of the train station, a beautiful and very clean light mint green 2002 screamed past me as i walked. just had some more modern wide wheels but it just looked fantastic. i was so happy. you guys get Siroccos too which I'm pretty jealous of. i saw so many great cars, you guys get all the awesome wagons! saw a few Alpinas too ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.