Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm a well "balanced" kind of guy...where if I have a latitude emblem on the rear right side of the vehicle and (only being a front wheel drive) nothing on the left side...I feel as if it's missing something. I was initially thinking about trying an additional Renegade emblem, but felt the emblem on 3 sides was a little much (no offense to those that may be running that look). Instead I found this 2.4L Multiair badge...but it's labeled as a Dodge Dart badge.

Should I leave it clean and get over it? haha
Or
Would that work out ok?

I'm not one for misbadging my vehicles to make them look like something they are not, but seeing as how this is an exact engine matched badge...thought I'd ask for opinions.

[2.4L MultiAir badge](http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-15-Dodge-Dart-2-4L-MULTIAIR-CHROME-EMBLEM-BADGE-FOR-TRUNK-LID-OEM-NEW-MOPAR-/191321815028?hash=item2c8bab37f4:g:K2MAAOSwDNdVmnHz&vxp=mtr)

Disclaimer...provided pic is not of my vehicle, but color and model matched. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would slap a make shift 4x2 on the other side rather than brand it dodge. But really ditch the latitude batch off the back, it will look clean.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good idea

I was just thinking about the same thing last night, tried my hardest to locate a badge that said TigerShark 2.4L or some variation with Tigershark in it, seems Jeeps not proud of it - I think its a cool name of an engine, but no one makes it, I even tried to find the same kind of thing to put on the engine, Jeep put 2.4L Multiair on it in red, but wouldn't it be cool if it said Tigershark on there too????

Chris

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm getting the itch to do Abarth badging once the ball gets rolling with the engine modifications. Talk about being frowned upon. I like the 4x2 idea.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've been thinking the same thing. I think they would look pretty cool where the trailrated badges go...expecially with a lift kit, rock rails and a brush bar :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a friend with a vinyl decal shop. Plan on having him do my a flat black decal for the hood ala trail hawk. Then thinking some sort of cartoon style character. I am liking the idea of a cartoon anvil maybe add a hammer. Post card sized on rear hatch area. I kind of like the fender abarth badges once engine mods get underway.

Saw a video on yotube, guy from EU that straight piped the exhaust to passenger side in front of door, cold air intake, HKS blow off, and some form of piggy back ECU that was made for the 500 Abarth. Same 1.4 we have and his truck wailed. Sounded like a pissd off mini semi. Video made it look like he was hauling nuts. So now i want to do the same. At least intake and custom muffler less exhaust. The hks valve doesnt look to pricey but it serves a better point if you go with ecu

·
Registered
598 Posts
I hear ya on the "imbalance" issue. I thought of getting a MultiAir Turbo badge from a Dart as well, but in the end I went with this decal I got through one of the moderators of the Jeep Renegade Owner's Group on Facebook. She set me up with versions for the doors, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hear ya on the "imbalance" issue. I thought of getting a MultiAir Turbo badge from a Dart as well, but in the end I went with this decal I got through one of the moderators of the Jeep Renegade Owner's Group on Facebook. She set me up with versions for the doors, too.
Mine being a 2.4L it is not turbo'd...and the link I provided does not have turbo on the badge.

I looked at a fellow coworker's Dart Rallye...and it didn't even have an engine spec badge...I so may just run it...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey all,

I'm a well "balanced" kind of guy...where if I have a latitude emblem on the rear right side of the vehicle and (only being a front wheel drive) nothing on the left side...I feel as if it's missing something. I was initially thinking about trying an additional Renegade emblem, but felt the emblem on 3 sides was a little much (no offense to those that may be running that look). Instead I found this 2.4L Multiair badge...but it's labeled as a Dodge Dart badge.

Should I leave it clean and get over it? haha
Or
Would that work out ok?

I'm not one for misbadging my vehicles to make them look like something they are not, but seeing as how this is an exact engine matched badge...thought I'd ask for opinions.

[2.4L MultiAir badge](http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-15-Dodge-Dart-2-4L-MULTIAIR-CHROME-EMBLEM-BADGE-FOR-TRUNK-LID-OEM-NEW-MOPAR-/191321815028?hash=item2c8bab37f4:g:K2MAAOSwDNdVmnHz&vxp=mtr)

Disclaimer...provided pic is not of my vehicle, but color and model matched. :)
The 2.4L MultiAir badge looks sharp. I think it would look great and would give you the balance you're looking for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aww what happened to the picture?

Jut ordered a MultiAir Turbo emblem for mine.

Not to hijack, but speaking of turbo badging, I put this on last night:

This was taken during a test fitting. I've since trimmed the excess mounting tape around the edges.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aww what happened to the picture?

Jut ordered a MultiAir Turbo emblem for mine.

Not to hijack, but speaking of turbo badging, I put this on last night:

This was taken during a test fitting. I've since trimmed the excess mounting tape around the edges.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I put this. Silly ? Yes. Makes people smile. Oh, I put the Oscar Mikes on when I first got it, but put them on level, not tilted like what is popular nowadays. I just can't follow that current trend. Why is crooked cool ? Contrary to popular belief, I HAD to break up the all-black look. I got tired of looking like a mini wannabe CIA vehicle...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I put this. Silly ? Yes. Makes people smile. Oh, I put the Oscar Mikes on when I first got it, but put them on level, not tilted like what is popular nowadays. I just can't follow that current trend. Why is crooked cool ? Contrary to popular belief, I HAD to break up the all-black look. I got tired of looking like a mini wannabe CIA vehicle...
It made me smile, I like it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts