Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else with a 2015 Jeep renegade Latitude is having recurring battery issues. My wife's has had the battery go completely dead 3 times just sitting for 2 or 3 days without driving it. Of course the dealership can't seem to diagnose anything wrong with it. they say the battery went bad, of course it did it won't start what is causing it seems to be a complete mystery. I understand alot of other people are having the same type of issue across the country wondering if anyone got a straight answer from Jeep yet.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
There was a blip of people getting failures like yours. The usage pattern seemed to indicate that there was a batch of batteries with sketchy cells that failed under normal use.

Then we have the motorcyclists. As bike season hit, we had a few people who seem to indicate that leaving their vehicle sit for 5-10 days caused them to have dead batteries.

Which would indicate there is some level of continuous power draw, and despite the assuracne of the sales literature saying it has a mechanism to prevent dead batteries, it apparently doesn't always do it's job.

I've left min sit for about 4 days a couple times without issues, never longer.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else with a 2015 Jeep renegade Latitude is having recurring battery issues. My wife's has had the battery go completely dead 3 times just sitting for 2 or 3 days without driving it. Of course the dealership can't seem to diagnose anything wrong with it. they say the battery went bad, of course it did it won't start what is causing it seems to be a complete mystery. I understand alot of other people are having the same type of issue across the country wondering if anyone got a straight answer from Jeep yet.
Sounds like you have a bad cell in the battery, so have the dealership test the battery if they have not done so already - usually the manufacturer will replace batteries with bad cells within 1 year from the date of purchase of the vehicle. This is my first Jeep, so I can't say that for sure, but I know General Motors does that for their customers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my 2015 Latitude in January 2016. In mid-April, I tried to leave work but it wouldn't start. I ended up jumping it and taking it to the dealership the next day. They performed some computer updates and sent me on my way. In June, the same thing happened again. Initially, the lights started flickering in my dashboard and the horn sounded weak when I locked it. I live extremely close to the dealership so we jumped it in the driveway and I drove it to them. They kept it for a few days and still couldn't replicate the problem. I had even mentioned this forum and the fact that some people are saying it needs a different battery. They recommended that I call road side assistance and have it towed to them if it happens again.

I hope they figure this out soon, it's not fun when you have to cross your fingers each time you start your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.