Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which fuse/relay powers these fuses on the BCM located under the steering column? It’s a 2016 Jeep Renegade. My keyfob isn’t being detected and after checking i dont have any power coming to these fuses . Also, there’s no power to the OBD port, and when my flashers/hazards are on they don’t show on the cluster.
On a side note, someone tried to steal my radio and cut the wires that plug into the back. I have the 6.5” display with navigation , not sure if that’s related. I’m in need of urgent help!

Passive circuit component Circuit component Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Electronic component

·
Super Moderator
3,617 Posts
The BCM does not like shorts. Early in production there were issues with the wiring loom occasionally getting squished while installing the engine and damaging the insulation. Which lead to shorts and BCM failure.

But in theory, F01 and F02 under the hood

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The BCM does not like shorts. Early in production there were issues with the wiring loom occasionally getting squished while installing the engine and damaging the insulation. Which lead to shorts and BCM failure.

But in theory, F01 and F02 under the hood

I checked both F01 & F02 and both 70A fuses seem to be good. The crazy thing is that only one half of the BCM (under the steering column), seem to not have any power. A locksmith was able to “program” a key but he had to plug a jumper to his OBD to push power ,because no power was being produced by the OBD. Unfortunately even though the key was learned, it’s still has “no key fob detected”. I’m curious as to whether the radio wires being cut have anything to do with my issue. The thief also stole my antenna mast that’s located at the roof rear. Thanks for your input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts