Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well had my first problem last week with my renegade trailhawk. Clicker wasn't unlocking or locking the doors. Then I noticed the door panels themselves wouldn't work either. Took it back to the dealership and they reset the bcm. The fix only lasted a week then the same thing. Here I sit waiting for the bcm to be replaced and hoping that fixes the problem. More to follow!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes! They replaced the BCM the day I posted this. No problems since then. Funny thing though when I purchased the vehicle back in April I never had the red and green lines show up on the back up camera. Since they replaced the BCM I do.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Our power locks stopped working yesterday. The fob, button on the door handle and interior switches were not responding, except that the horn would honk. I took off the negative terminal off and found corrosion on it. I cleaned the terminal and battery post and reconnected and they work now. I have an appointment on the 27th for them to look at it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hi Rammer,

I did some research and it appears there is not a TSB for this concern. However, if you would like me to look into this further on my end and get in touch with the dealership, please feel free to PM me your contact info, VIN, and dealership info.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Dealer said there is no software updates for our Renegade and they don't know what is going on concerning the door lock issue we have had. So, no solution yet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes! They replaced the BCM the day I posted this. No problems since then. Funny thing though when I purchased the vehicle back in April I never had the red and green lines show up on the back up camera. Since they replaced the BCM I do.
I have had many problems with my Renegade and I am most likely going to have to my BCM replaced (after they replaced the valve body, wiring harness, and played around with the shifter). I know you had previously said you had no problems since they replaced the BCM, but I was curious if you had any since you lasy posted.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My door locks stopped working this evening. I'm going to call the dealer and make an appointment tomorrow.

I'll be sure to mention the flash and let y'all know how it works out.

Wish me luck.

Don

·
Registered
13 Posts
The door lock issue happened to me twice. Had an appointment to replace the BCM for this coming monday but today suddenly i get no power from the vehicle. Electrical is completely dead. Not a single light will turn on. Huge problem for a brand new car I would say.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Driving down the street in our 2008 Jeep Liberty and the horn started tooting, the front and back wipers started going with washer fluid spraying. Started the car yesterday and the horn was tooting, wipers going so turned the car off and still kept going. I disconnected the battery cables and everything stopped. What in the heck is going on here? Help

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.