Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing my wheels spacers the other day and was doing a little visual maintenence under the vehicle when I noticed that my exhaust piped looked bent/crushed. Just wondering if I maybe have hit it a little harder than expected and the pipe got crushed on the trailing arms. Can someone else crawl under there's and see if it looks like mine, maybe it's a factory crease.

Also there is no skid plate on the rear ptu which seems a little sketchy to be. You can see where I've already rubbed it in dirt, it had a big pile of mud stuck on the bottom.

Liking my new black lug nuts as well.

Attachments

· Registered
1,633 Posts
My Trailhawk exhaust pipe looks just like yours. I have only driven mine on paved roads thus far. It must have been "squeezed" at the factory to provide more clearance.

· Registered
105 Posts
Unfortunately rear diff cradle doesn't leave much room for exhaust piping to go through it, So FCA chose under RLCA exhaust routing. There is, however, about 2.5 inch space above RUCA where, if carefully crafted, exhaust piping could be routed.

Cheers...

· Registered
129 Posts
JustJeeps in Austin, TX had to modify my exhaust in this area. It is a problem area and during serious off-roading, expect some contact between trailing arm and exhaust pipe. No issues what-so-ever since Dan and the guys at Just Jeeps modified it after installing the Daystar 1.5" Lift Kit. I will update with pictures next time i crawl under there.

· Registered
242 Posts
JustJeeps in Austin, TX had to modify my exhaust in this area. It is a problem area and during serious off-roading, expect some contact between trailing arm and exhaust pipe. No issues what-so-ever since Dan and the guys at Just Jeeps modified it after installing the Daystar 1.5" Lift Kit. I will update with pictures next time i crawl under there.
Curious how Just Jeeps made the modification to the exhaust

· Registered
129 Posts
PTU is Power Transfer Unit (usually referenced as the "rear PTU" in regards to the Renegade)....basically talking about the pumpkin or rear differential-like unit. Since the transmission is up front and it has CV axles, its not your usually 4x4 system with a transfer case. Has a wet-clutch system in the middle of the 2-piece driveshaft also. To answer earlier question, here is a picture of the exhaust after modification to "play nice" with the Daystar 1.5" lift kit. RUCA usually means "rear upper control arm".

PS: @Wickyup2 there is the picture breh!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.