Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Jeep Renegade 2016
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

We have a Jeep Renegade Latitude 2016 and we are trying to find a grill guard or bull bar that will actually protect the front end. We live in an area with a lot of deer, coyotes, and boar and just wanted a little extra protection if possible. We LOVE the look of the Madness Autoworks one, but the description says it’s not made to protect and is more for looks or brush. I’m attaching a pic of what theirs looks like for reference. So does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance! :)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Apologies as I wouldn't know where to start.

However, as you said, Madness Autoworks' Bull Bar looks brilliant enough to love it :love:

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Hello everyone,

We have a Jeep Renegade Latitude 2016 and we are trying to find a grill guard or bull bar that will actually protect the front end. We live in an area with a lot of deer, coyotes, and boar and just wanted a little extra protection if possible. We LOVE the look of the Madness Autoworks one, but the description says it’s not made to protect and is more for looks or brush. I’m attaching a pic of what theirs looks like for reference. So does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance! :)
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

Most of the "Brush Guard's" or "Bull Bar's" that I have seen will fold when touched. They do okay for mounting accessories and aesthetics, but that is about it.

Avid has a strong bumper with a grill guard.
It will hold up well against any unfortunate animal that happen to be in front of you lil' Renegade when additional protection is required. lol

·
Registered
Jeep Renegade 2016
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the input! We decided to purchase the Black Horse Grill Guard from Car ID because of its popularity. Unfortunately it arrived today with a lot of damage to it and they’re having to replace it for us. Really bummed... We would’ve kept it for a discount, but they said all that could be done was a replacement. I’m just impatient lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello everyone,

View attachment 2396348415
Rocky Road Outfitters
Bull bar and prerunner skid plate for approx$435. Great gear from them!!!

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I am posting this because the OP asked: "Best" grill guard or bull bar?

In my humble opinion, if your are going to put a bull bar on your vehicle for anything other then to hold a light, get something that isn't going to fold into your Renegade the first time it gets toughed.

It might cost a few $$$ more, but isn't going to fail and cause additional damage to your Renegade.

AVID has a solid (strong) bar on the front of their bumper that can handle a smack, hold a light, carry a winch and offer superior protection for the front of your Renegade.
If your are going to spend the money, do it right.

Even if you opt for AVID's "Wyoming Edition", at least it is made a one piece CNC mandrel bent bull bar features 12 bends and is constructed from 1-7/8″ OD seamless 1/2″ wall chromoly (Optional 2 1/4″ Chromoly Tube construction) and not just a thin walled pipe for holding a light{bar}.

...IMHO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts