Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Im wondering if any of you have apple products and have a scan tool that you found works on the renegades?
Im just looking for one to reset the service light not the oil light as i have found out thats what im looking at.

thanks,

·
Registered
'15 Trailhawk JBCT Omaha Orange
7 Posts
The sad answer is none. I've tried Car Scanner, Infowar and EOBD-Facile and none seem to do what is needed.

Part of the issue is that while ODB is meant to be universal, different manufacturers have different implementations. The best the mentioned apps can do is get the current state of the cars various sensors. AlfaOBD seems to be the best solution.

Once I retire the fleet of droid tablets at work I'll prod just grab one and dedicate it for AlfaOBD. I might suggest a cheapo droid device to dedicate to your car.

·
Super Moderator
3,660 Posts
OBDII tools will only be able to reset a malfunction indicator lamp. I.e. check engine. If you are getting the oil change indicator or any of the other brand specific indicators that are not part of OBDII, then you will need a tool that speaks that language. Which if you aren't spending big bucks on a dealer tool or similar, is alphaOBD.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you don't ask you'll never know and just because you ask them to do it doesn't mean you have to have them do it. Though I admit their service department isn't the best group. But I'm sure they would know how to do that and you might get lucky

1 - 7 of 7 Posts