Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been looking at multiple quotes from dealers via carwow website and I've just received a quote from a dealer that has a £3000 difference from my previous quote from a local dealer.

Has any one had similar experience?

Has any one cancelled their order after placing their first order? (Where the dealer will not return your initial deposit)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I ordered my Trailhawk in January...I went in (to the dealer I've bought 3 Grand Cherokees from so they know when I'm in serious purchase mode ) with Car Wow quotes of up to around £3200 discount off the MRRP. I also pulled some numbers off another of those websites (NewCar something..) which claimed to have a new Trailhawk available at a £5600 discount. My dealer immediately said he could beat the CarWow quotes, but could not meet the £5600 discount and questioned its validity (I though it sounded too good to be true and unclear what colour it was etc, and wouldn't have been specced up the way I wanted).

If you've already placed your order it'll be too late to renegotiate...so only option would be to lose your deposit but you''d also lose your place on the production line unless you went for a car already in the country. ... but I'd be careful to understand like for like quotes...

Do your CarWow quotes definitely include the colour you want and all the additional options you specified with your dealer order???...I know I added about £3k of options (inc service plan) and not all of them were specified on the CarWow site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are right about like to like quotes. Probably the dealer who is quoting less is trying the pull the customer in first instance and then may power sell. I need to be careful here.

I've placed my order in Jan and my car is on its way from Italy. So pulling the order is losing £500 plus another few months wait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.