Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am driving a 4WD Limited 2.0 diesel with a 9-speed A/T. We have already passed the 1000 mile pole, and now my Jeep has 2500 km (1554 miles) on the odo, all in two weeks. I wonder where we've been :)

When I last filled it up, I had driven 2249 km (1398 miles). Totally, 138.4 litres (36.56 US gal, 30.44 UK gal) was consumed. After calculations that equals to 6.15 l/100 km, or 38.25 mpg (US), or 45.93 mpg (UK) - I am very satisfied with this! (I am sorry I'm not quite sure whether you guys in the UK use the same gallon as in the US...)

Anyway, I was really expecting the fuel economy to be a bit worse. I'll have another check later after a few longer trips to see how accurate the dashboard computer is. Now it shows figures between 5.7 to 6.0 l/100 km.

I've been driving mostly on highways, only about 20 % in the city, and the A/C mainly running. Well, it's a Jeep: should do some off-road as well...

· Registered
454 Posts
Nice! I am averaging 26.4 mpg in the 2.4 gas engine. I am also happy with the mpg's. My last Jeep several years ago was a 2002 Liberty that only averaged 16 mpg.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
My 2.4L, 9-speed auto has averaged 27 mpg (calculated) for the first 12 tanks of gasoline. That is probably about 75% highway driving. I'm quite pleased with that.

· Registered
165 Posts
I am driving a 4WD Limited 2.0 diesel with a 9-speed A/T. We have already passed the 1000 mile pole, and now my Jeep has 2500 km (1554 miles) on the odo, all in two weeks. I wonder where we've been :)

When I last filled it up, I had driven 2249 km (1398 miles). Totally, 138.4 litres (36.56 US gal, 30.44 UK gal) was consumed. After calculations that equals to 6.15 l/100 km, or 38.25 mpg (US), or 45.93 mpg (UK) - I am very satisfied with this! (I am sorry I'm not quite sure whether you guys in the UK use the same gallon as in the US...)

Anyway, I was really expecting the fuel economy to be a bit worse. I'll have another check later after a few longer trips to see how accurate the dashboard computer is. Now it shows figures between 5.7 to 6.0 l/100 km.

I've been driving mostly on highways, only about 20 % in the city, and the A/C mainly running. Well, it's a Jeep: should do some off-road as well...
I totally agree. I'm also pleasantly surprised by the fuel economy of my 2.0 diesel 9AT. I calculate the consumption at every fill up and now after around 7000km the average is 6.04 L/100km. I expect the average consumption to stabilize around 5.8 - 5.9 and that's very good for a 4WD automatic! PS: My dashboard computer shows a total average of 6.1 and that's not far from what I have calculated.

· Registered
114 Posts

I have to say, every time I read about the 2.0L diesel in a Renegade it makes my heart beat faster. It must be great to have that torque in a Trailhawk. Here in the US, there are about 10 models of vehicle that offer a diesel motor. The only one Jeep offers is Grand Cherokee, and even that's a $5000 option. Someday maybe we'll catch up with the rest of the world in this area and have diesel as an option on every vehicle.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to say, every time I read about the 2.0L diesel in a Renegade it makes my heart beat faster. It must be great to have that torque in a Trailhawk. Here in the US, there are about 10 models of vehicle that offer a diesel motor. The only one Jeep offers is Grand Cherokee, and even that's a $5000 option. Someday maybe we'll catch up with the rest of the world in this area and have diesel as an option on every vehicle.
Someone mentioned to me that the exhaust limits are tighter in the US than in Europe, especially when it comes to NOx. If so, that may reduce the variety of diesel-powered vehicles on the other side of the Atlantic.

There are two versions of the Renegade diesel engines, both with 1956 ccm. The one for Limited has 140 hp @3750 rpm, whereas the one for Trailhawk has 170 hp, also @ 3750 rpm. Torque is 350 Nm @ 1750 rpm for both versions. I guess the 2.4 liter TigerShark is not available at all in the European Union, but I may be wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.