Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my plan is to get the day star 1.5 inch lift. I'm not happy with the stock tires on my sport and want something with a more aggressive tread. the bfg ko2s look great just wondering if they will fit or if I will run into any problems. daystar says their lift lets you run tires 2 sizes bigger. Thanks.

· Registered
24 Posts
my plan is to get the day star 1.5 inch lift. I'm not happy with the stock tires on my sport and want something with a more aggressive tread. the bfg ko2s look great just wondering if they will fit or if I will run into any problems. daystar says their lift lets you run tires 2 sizes bigger. Thanks.
Not sure about the Ko2s but I put Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's 225/75/16 and with the Daystar lift and wheel spacers there was some rubbing that required a bit of a frame cut (excess frame (pinch seam)). Pretty straight forward if you have the tools to cut it. So just compare the size of the Coopers I have to the ones you are getting and that should tell you if you will be ok. The rubbing was only on a 3/4 turn of the wheel and was pretty minor, so a slightly smaller tire should be fine. Otherwise just cut the pinch seam and you don't have to worr!

· Registered
28 Posts
Not sure about the Ko2s but I put Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's 225/75/16 and with the Daystar lift and wheel spacers there was some rubbing that required a bit of a frame cut (excess frame (pinch seam)). Pretty straight forward if you have the tools to cut it. So just compare the size of the Coopers I have to the ones you are getting and that should tell you if you will be ok. The rubbing was only on a 3/4 turn of the wheel and was pretty minor, so a slightly smaller tire should be fine. Otherwise just cut the pinch seam and you don't have to worr!
hmm..choosing it is not a bad idea actually.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really like the look of those tires. nice tread. thanks for the advice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.