Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Wow that looks awesome. Is a lift required to fit those?
Most likely. We know 225/65/17 will fit without any alterations to the vehicle. Anything else will likely rub as the suspension or steering move towards the extremes (towards compression, or full steering lock).

Personally, when the time comes, I'm thinking 1" lift with 235/60/17, maybe 17mm spacers. Nearly identical outer diameter as stock 215/65/17, so little impact on speedometer reading. MPG shouldn't be too far off either. Plus, 235 width will look just right for the proportions of the TH. No one has tried 235/60 yet, that I know of, a lift may not be necessary. However, a little extra clearance wouldn't hurt.

With 1.5" lift, while only 0.5" more, I'm a little concerned on accelerated wear on driveline parts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is good info. I will be lifting it but I didn't know if I could get away with tires first. I want a little wider if possible but definitely M/T's. Wheel spacers scare me being a mechanic. But im open to spacers I guess.
Most likely. We know 225/65/17 will fit without any alterations to the vehicle. Anything else will likely rub as the suspension or steering move towards the extremes (towards compression, or full steering lock).

Personally, when the time comes, I'm thinking 1" lift with 235/60/17, maybe 17mm spacers. Nearly identical outer diameter as stock 215/65/17, so little impact on speedometer reading. MPG shouldn't be too far off either. Plus, 235 width will look just right for the proportions of the TH. No one has tried 235/60 yet, that I know of, a lift may not be necessary. However, a little extra clearance wouldn't hurt.

With 1.5" lift, while only 0.5" more, I'm a little concerned on accelerated wear on driveline parts.

·
Registered
610 Posts
This is good info. I will be lifting it but I didn't know if I could get away with tires first. I want a little wider if possible but definitely M/T's. Wheel spacers scare me being a mechanic. But im open to spacers I guess.
I could be wrong; since I've not personally looked into MTs (not enough moisture here in CA to make mud)...

Not too many MTs available that will fit the Renegade. Not unless you step down to 16" wheels or use other mods like lifts to get the clearance you need; spacers may be needed also. Supposedly clearance in the front is limited. And, if you use spacers to gain inboard clearance, you may end up with rubbing with the wheel well liner.

If you can find one that is roughly the size of the stock 215/65/17, if there is any rubbing at all, it will only be a factor at suspension compression and during tight/tighter turning. For usual highway driving, not much of an issue... other than increased road noise and decreased MPG.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I am in Massachusetts. Plenty of mud here I'll just do the lift and then tires. hopefully by then someone else may have an answer from doing it themselfs. Also not worried about mpg because my commute is 4 miles to understand trip lol. But go with a 1" lift over 1.5 you think?

I could be wrong; since I've not personally looked into MTs (not enough moisture here in CA to make mud).

Not too many MTs available that will fit the Renegade. Not unless you step down to 16" wheels or use other mods like lifts to get the clearance you need; spacers may be needed also. Supposedly clearance in the front is limited. And, if you use spacers to gain inboard clearance, you may end up with rubbing with the wheel well liner.

If you can find one that is roughly the size of the stock 215/65/17, if there is any rubbing at all, it will only be a factor at suspension compression and during tight/tighter turning. For usual highway driving, not much of an issue... other than increased road noise and decreased MPG.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yea I am in Massachusetts. Plenty of mud here I'll just do the lift and then tires. hopefully by then someone else may have an answer from doing it themselfs. Also not worried about mpg because my commute is 4 miles to understand trip lol. But go with a 1" lift over 1.5 you think?
Up to you. Both are too new to have any data out there pass judgement on. I just think 1" is sufficient. That extra 0.5" isn't going to buy you much more capability and larger tires will only rob what precious power the 2.4L has... until someone comes out with a supercharger kit (but then you'd be dealing with transmission issues... which is already a question mark in stock trim).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes valid points. Being that the lift kits are brand new I may wait and see what some of the feedback looks like on it.
Up to you. Both are too new to have any data out there pass judgement on. I just think 1" is sufficient. That extra 0.5" isn't going to buy you much more capability and larger tires will only rob what precious power the 2.4L has... until someone comes out with a supercharger kit (but then you'd be dealing with transmission issues... which is already a question mark in stock trim).

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow that looks awesome. Is a lift required to fit those?
... yes with the 1" lift it's perfect I run already 15.000km. without any problem...

... to fit 225/75-16 I use G-Force Wheels 7x16 offset +35 with no rub ...

:ReneBlueWave:

Reactions: LilWhiteToaster

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not new to you perhaps. New to the US market and US customers.

BTW, are you paid by G-Force? the relentless advertising is, frankly, getting tiresome.
... no I'm Jeep entusiast... and at the moment there are no other product on sale for our Renny... ??

·
Registered
108 Posts
Incorrect. Daystar.
.... since now I see this kit just on the paper... I'm waiting to see some customer with the kit... 1,5" is too much.... front A arms will touch sub-frame when shox are full extended.... ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Reactions: syzygy
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.