Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I'm thinking about getting into cycling, and I need some way to transport a bike on the Renegade. I've got the Latitude 2.4L engine but do not have a tow hitch. Just wondering what you guys' thoughts are on either going with the roof or tow hitch route for the bike mount. Let me know your thoughts please.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So am I right by saying that it is easier to load/unload from the back but more expensive as far as equipment goes? I'm trying to make a list of pros and cons and figure out what is a better fit for me. I am also unsure of what all I would need for each option. I would appreciate it if someone could help me out by giving me a list of parts I would need to purchase for roof vs back.

My criteria includes the following (most to least important):

Affordability
Ease of loading and unloading
Ease of installation

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With that criteria, you will be looking at a roof rack system or a simple strap-on rear mounted system. If you don't have a hitch receiver then a hitch-mount rack option will be both most expensive and hardest to install.

I use Thule racks. I have both hitch-mount and roof racks for different vehicles (both for the Renegade). I prefer the hitch-mount for ease of loading/unloading. Go to www.thule.com or http://www.rackattack.com/ to see some of your options.
I figured as much. I would like a hitch at some point, but right now it's starting to look like roof. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Depending on what you end up getting, check Craig's list..... People are always getting rid of things they don't use & many times it is brand/almost brand new...
I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks for the input! I didn't even think to check Craigslist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.