Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Do you think the trunk bike racks like that could cause any damage to the hatch?
They shouldn't cause any damage provided they are fitted correctly. I haven't fitted one one to a Renegade, but speaking from experience with other marques, damage should not be an issue.

·
Registered
108 Posts
For those who do want a hitch - the undermount hitch from RenegadeReady is really solid and looks good. It's $125 plus shipping and I just installed it on my Latitude on Sunday. I'll be adding the wiring package this week as well, but for a bike rack you wouldn't even need the wiring.

http://www.renegadeready.com/Undermount-Receiver-Hitch-for-Jeep-Renegade_p_85.html

Do you have any issues with it being so low? I'm thinking to match to most trailers you're gonna need an offset hitch ball, no?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Do you have any issues with it being so low? I'm thinking to match to most trailers you're gonna need an offset hitch ball, no?
For me it's not an issue as I am just using it for a bike rack and a Thule Cargo box. Some others have used an inverted hitch ball mount to get a higher mount point. Your departure angle is lessened of course for any transitions that increase a fair amount in steepness, but as far as ground clearance goes, the exhaust pipe sits just slightly lower so nothing is lost there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just curious if you have experienced any wear/damage to the spoiler with that Yakima rack. I have a very similar Saris rack from my previous vehicle that I thought about using on the Renegade, but I thought it would apply a lot of pressure to the rear spoiler and potentially damage it. Curious to hear about your experience. Cheers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.