Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with bike racks and mounting them only on one side and kind of hang over the edge of the roof? Thanks to JFS and car-parts.com I was able to get roof rails on my sport and have added cross bars and a basket. I can get some used Thule pelotons for about 75 bucks on CL. Just wondering if having the bike on one side messed with the way the jeep drives. I've always used trunk or hitch racks and have no idea about roof racks so any advice is welcome.
thanks all

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with best mountain bike under 500 racks and mounting them only on one side and kind of hang over the edge of the roof? Thanks to JFS and car-parts.com I was able to get roof rails on my sport and have added cross bars and a basket. I can get some used Thule pelotons for about 75 bucks on CL. Just wondering if having the bike on one side messed with the way the jeep drives. I've always used trunk or hitch racks and have no idea about roof racks so any advice is welcome.
thanks all
Sorry to say that, I don't have enough experience about it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with bike racks and mounting them only on one side and kind of hang over the edge of the roof? Thanks to JFS and car-parts.com I was able to get roof rails on my sport and have added cross bars and a basket. I can get some used Thule pelotons for about 75 bucks on CL. Just wondering if having the bike on one side messed with the way the jeep drives. I've always used trunk or hitch racks and have no idea about roof racks so any advice is welcome.
thanks all
i do not see how mounting bikes on one side or the other on the roof would affect driving capabilities, there is not enough wind resistance to make a difference, what ever side is easier to unload is up to you

·
Registered
44 Posts
I went with the hitch mount. It holds up to 4 bikes and you can still access the rear cargo. Just need to pull the pin on the rack and the bikes rotate down. I have a bum shoulder and its easy to do. Amazon has them for $105 (US).
Tire Wheel Bicycle Bicycle tire Motor vehicle
Musical instrument accessory Rectangle Font Gas Plant
Tire Wheel Bicycle Bicycle tire Motor vehicle

Musical instrument accessory Rectangle Font Gas Plant

1 - 4 of 4 Posts