Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I detailed my car and found that the bumpers don't match the body color and have brown in it. Can anyone else confirm if they see the same thing?

I'll take a picture in the morning but this is disappointing, I wonder if the dealer would take care of this.

·
Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
Today I detailed my car and found that the bumpers don't match the body color and have brown in it. Can anyone else confirm if they see the same thing?

I'll take a picture in the morning but this is disappointing, I wonder if the dealer would take care of this.
Do you mean the surround around the grill on the front fascia? Or do you mean the part that is not glossy black on all the cars. I wouldn't expect that to match the body paint. They aren't color matched bumpers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you mean the surround around the grill on the front fascia? Or do you mean the part that is not glossy black on all the cars. I wouldn't expect that to match the body paint. They aren't color matched bumpers.
I'm referring to the glossy portion under the grill on the front fascia.

·
Registered
165 Posts
From my experience, because different surfaces (plastic, steel, etc) have different textures, the color can in certain light settings and from certain angles look different. This is generally speaking and I don't know if this is the case with your car. On my Alpine White Renegade, when comparing painted plastic parts with steel parts, I do however believe I can see nuances in the color.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.