Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was never crazy about Chrome on a car and I'm big on oem styling and keeping things original so I ordered my self a full set of blacked out badges off the trailhawk version ! Was also going to order the 7 grill inserts but when the dealer asked 220$ each and I need 7 I said to myself I'll stick to plastidip for this....and put aside my whole keeping with oem parts... Also I'm debating on removing the renegade name plates .

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
So I was never crazy about Chrome on a car and I'm big on oem styling and keeping things original so I ordered my self a full set of blacked out badges off the trailhawk version ! Was also going to order the 7 grill inserts but when the dealer asked 220$ each and I need 7 I said to myself I'll stick to plastidip for this....and put aside my whole keeping with oem parts... Also I'm debating on removing the renegade name plates .
You could also look at the badges off of the Cherokee Trailhawk. They have the same exact color (anthracite gray) and are OEM factory parts. You can get the 4x4 and the Jeep badges that way.

Another idea, is to wait a model year or two until they (inevitably) come out with the Altitude version of the Renegade. It'll have blacked out badges (gloss black) all around. You can generally get badge sets from Amazon or Ebay for a few bucks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The name plates are all oem mopar the only thing i will plasti dip is the 7 grill inserts no way I was gonna pay 220$ each the name plates came up to 150$ cnd with taxes

·
Registered
138 Posts
How was taking off the badges and how did you do it?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Used a hair dryer to heat up the area then slowly pulled
Away the emblem all the left over glue was removed with a glue remover called goop off ! Then I just polished the area to make sure it's really
Clean and smooth ! Also make sure to mark the position of the old
Logos before removing them I used painters tape to box an out line of each logo to make sure they go back
In the perfect place !

·
Registered
138 Posts
Away the emblem all the left over glue was removed with a glue remover called goop off ! Then I just polished the area to make sure it's really
Logos before removing them I used painters tape to box an out line of each logo to make sure they go back
In the perfect place !
Just pulled them off with your fingers? I dont have any intention of putting the badges back on haha

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the perfect place !

How did you get them to go back on? I feel like taking them off is easy but what kind of adhesive do you use to make sure they stick?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.