• I like it

Votes: 54 66.7%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 27 33.3%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would presume you cannot blacken the side-marker lamps, tail-lights, rear reflectors, etc due to laws and regs but I do like the look:) all black with red brake caliper covers would look sharp!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I Blacked out my '12 Durango RT, it was completely black all the way around. I loved it, looked great, but....it is a royal PITA to keep clean looking. You need to dust that thing everyday, water spots can be seen a mile away. It turned into a chore. I could have gotten a black Reny as well, but I am a little jaded after owning the Durango, so I went with white..SOOO much easier to keep clean. Yes I know its a Jeep (and its not my first Jeep btw), but I do like my car clean in between the fun stuff.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I Blacked out my '12 Durango RT, it was completely black all the way around. I loved it, looked great, but....it is a royal PITA to keep clean looking. You need to dust that thing everyday, water spots can be seen a mile away. It turned into a chore.

I am learning this about black cars. I can see every smudge and speck of dust. It bothers me, and I am obsessively cleaning it every day. I love my Renegade even though I have to clean it more than my previous white car.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My Renegade is blacked out... I got 20% tint all around, and a low visor tint on the windshield... more so to keep the sun out of my kids eyes... I mean, it looks cool too, but that wasnt the prime reason for it.

I really want to do the calibers red too, I think it would pop more. Im going to keep the wheels black since winter is coming up, but once that passes I want to put some chrome wheels on. I like the look of blacked out rides and chrome wheels.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great thread! I was going to start a new thread for my project..

Our Jeep is actually the wife's car so I can't go too crazy but here's what I've got so far..

H&R lowering sports springs good for 40mm drop
Black front grill
Black wrap around all chrome/alu parts including rear tail light surrounds and roof rails
Black tinted windows
Satin black 19" Eta Beta Rochel rims 19x8.0 ET35 with 235/45r19 Michelins

Under the hood a DTUK tuning box good for an extra 40bhp

One important note, the suspension won't be able to take the drop you have pictured (though it looks cool!). if you go for new coils or lowering the car by that amount, expect the ride to be dreadful. I lowered my Audi Q5 by 70mm and because the suspension geometry is so tight, it was so springy, I had to switch it out or get ejected every bump...

Reactions: LittleRedJeep

·
Registered
50 Posts
The first Renegade I took out was a black Sport with black rims. If you like the murdered-out look, it's pretty great:

Wasn't a fan of those particular rims myself, but the black-on-black actually looked really good in person.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.