Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the blind spot detection light is almost constantly lit up on the passenger sideview mirror. I am guessing that the sensor is dirty, but I can't find it. The manual states the sonar sensor is in the rear fascia. Can anyone tell me exactly where it is?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The "sensors" are located within the rear quarter panels. Note that when you first turn on the car, both mirror lights should illuminate for a short time and go out (bulb self check).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The "sensors" are located within the rear quarter panels. Note that when you first turn on the car, both mirror lights should illuminate for a short time and go out (bulb self check).
So I removed the access panel behind the rear wheel and found that the sensor is just dangling on the passenger side, on the drivers side it is mounted up higher than I can reach, cant exactly tell where. I may try and figure out how to repair this myself, but there is a strong chance I will have to go to the dealership.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Ahhh, good that you found it. I would have the dealer fix it. Who knows if the sensor was damaged while it was dangling in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.