·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
949 Posts
The sensors for blindspot/crosspath are not in the bumper. They are in the rear quarter panels, sort of under the taillights.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
949 Posts
The sensors for blindspot/crosspath are not in the bumper. They are in the rear quarter panels, sort of under the taillights.
Correction: the sensors are outboard the taillights - not below them. I wasn't looking at my vehicle when I first posted. I remember seeing them when I was installing the OE hitch.

My loaded, hitch-mounted, bike rack hasn't seemed to diminish the sensitivity of these sensors.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
949 Posts
So that I can stop talking out my arse, I went out and pulled a taillight to refresh my memory. Attached is a photo with highlighted area where the sensor is located. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
949 Posts
I am happy to have the option. I didn't order it, it came on the only Trailhawk the dealer had on the lot. I consider myself a good driver, but I feel a little aide can't hurt as long as I don't rely on it. In that way it's like insurance. Others will say they don't want driving aides, because it makes people lazy. I think if it helps me avoid an accident due to a mistake (I do make mistakes) then it's worth something.

I'm not sure if I would order it specifically, if I were to custom order a vehicle.

I should mention that these sensors are not visible on the outside of the vehicle (unlike other parking sensors).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.