Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Anyone experienced a blinking odometer? It's been blinking since day 1. Still registers the mileage, but blinks nonstop. I asked the service dept at the dealership, they had no clue. Said to disconnect the battery over night this didn't work. They also said more than 2 weeks for an appointment to have the tech look at it. Very disappointed with the service dept. happy with the glacier metallic limited 4x4, unhappy with the service dept. searched the fiat forums and only a couple posts about a blinking odometer with no real conclusion. I'd like to know up front what it is causing it so when my appointment is here I can be informed prior to them telling me something crazy.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Some people (on other forums) reported that it could be a bluetooth issue. Try disabling bluetooth and see if that helps. Just a shot in the dark.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys thanks for your replies. I did disconnect the blue tooth and it continued to blink. The appointment at the dealership is in the am today the 26th. I've waited 3 weeks for this appointment. I'll see that they say...

And also thanks for the link to schedule an appointment at another ship. This will be the last chance for he dealership I bought it from to do right. I'll take it elsewhere otherwise. But thank you so much for the info! I will update tomorrow once they look at it as to what they diagnos as the problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just went into my car with the witech and under the body controller they need to check the proxy configuration alignment. When you go into the screen one of the listed items that it corrects is the blinking odometer. Good luck and hope your dealer fixes your problem

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Eldiablo,

Please tell us more about this Witech. What is it and where can we get one?

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can not buy it is the Chrysler tool we use at the dealership to diagnose the vehicles that we are working on. The software is also a dealer item only for Chrysler use, I do not think right now even the aftermarket shops can buy the tool or software from Chrysler.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Oh, okay, never mind.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's ok I just thought that I would let him know about this and maybe it will correct his issue. Sometimes problems have simple answer to correct and sometimes not, I know it frustrating to have a new car and have an issue.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hey guys thanks for your replies. I did disconnect the blue tooth and it continued to blink. The appointment at the dealership is in the am today the 26th. I've waited 3 weeks for this appointment. I'll see that they say...

And also thanks for the link to schedule an appointment at another ship. This will be the last chance for he dealership I bought it from to do right. I'll take it elsewhere otherwise. But thank you so much for the info! I will update tomorrow once they look at it as to what they diagnos as the problem.
No problem! I'm happy to hear you have an appointment, be sure to keep us posted on how everything goes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just went into my car with the witech and under the body controller they need to check the proxy configuration alignment. When you go into the screen one of the listed items that it corrects is the blinking odometer. Good luck and hope your dealer fixes your problem
That's good information. Thank you. They have the car now and I'm waiting to hear what their assessment is. But, having that info is a good to know ahead of time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok. So, 5 hours at the dealership. They updated the computer, said that, that is a log process which I'm sure it is. But they tried several methods to reset it and stop the blinking odometer. I mentioned to the service writer the info from this thread from eldiablo and he kinda looked at me like I had just said ice cream cures cancer. Like the same kinda situation as when you tell a doctor what is wrong, and they give you the "I'm the authority so I'm gonna tell you what you have and not listen to you no matter what you say" kinda attitude. They weren't rude or anything, just not receptive to suggestion.
Anyway, they are gonna contact Chrysler and we are gonna set another appointment to fix it once they've heard from Chrysler.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had the same problem today after the dealer replaced the radio, but the blinking odometer
was fixed after they went into system/proxy configuration.
Took them 3 tries, but they fixed the blinking odometer, now only if I can get the radio fixed LOL

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Ok. So, 5 hours at the dealership. They updated the computer, said that, that is a log process which I'm sure it is. But they tried several methods to reset it and stop the blinking odometer. I mentioned to the service writer the info from this thread from eldiablo and he kinda looked at me like I had just said ice cream cures cancer. Like the same kinda situation as when you tell a doctor what is wrong, and they give you the "I'm the authority so I'm gonna tell you what you have and not listen to you no matter what you say" kinda attitude. They weren't rude or anything, just not receptive to suggestion.
Anyway, they are gonna contact Chrysler and we are gonna set another appointment to fix it once they've heard from Chrysler.
Sorry to hear they weren't receptive to your suggestion. Let us know when your next appointment is scheduled!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Had the same problem today after the dealer replaced the radio, but the blinking odometer
was fixed after they went into system/proxy configuration.
Took them 3 tries, but they fixed the blinking odometer, now only if I can get the radio fixed LOL
Lol. Ya. Surprisingly and amazingly they called today and I have a new appointment next week. They now know what they need to do to fix it. So hopefully next Friday it will be fixed. On the upside I found I could sleep in the waiting "lounge" and the coffee isn't too bad.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When you get your repair order will you let me know what they did? I just want to know if they end up doing what I said, I have searched all of the star cases through Chrysler and can not find a star case. This who we call if we have a problem that is not in a tsb, I would appreciate if you would thanks. You may want to look into going to a different dealer next time as you may get more help if the other dealers are not too far away.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts