Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
When you get your repair order will you let me know what they did? I just want to know if they end up doing what I said, I have searched all of the star cases through Chrysler and can not find a star case. This who we call if we have a problem that is not in a tsb, I would appreciate if you would thanks. You may want to look into going to a different dealer next time as you may get more help if the other dealers are not too far away.
Yes I sure will let you know. All the dealerships here are not rated very high on any rating site. Neither the sales side nor the service side, most people leave poor scores and experiences. But, I will be goin to another dealer for regular service things or any other issue that may come up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
When you get your repair order will you let me know what they did? I just want to know if they end up doing what I said, I have searched all of the star cases through Chrysler and can not find a star case. This who we call if we have a problem that is not in a tsb, I would appreciate if you would thanks. You may want to look into going to a different dealer next time as you may get more help if the other dealers are not too far away.
So, just got out of he dealership. 3 hours. (Though they did fix a cracked drivers side side window seal). And, the odometer is still blinking. I showed the service writer eldiablos post about what he found to be the problem (again) and he wounding read it (again). But, this time there is a diagnosis for what's causing the blinking odometer. It is..... An unrealized 68188670AC heated seat module and the part is now on order. Looking at a week to get this part.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is possible to cause the blinking odometer, I am not working on your car and can not see the codes that are in it. It is a shame that they did not find this on any other trip in to the service department

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
This is possible to cause the blinking odometer, I am not working on your car and can not see the codes that are in it. It is a shame that they did not find this on any other trip in to the service department
Ya no worries really. It is a shame... But on a lighter note the coffee machine in the "lounge" is great. Lol. It's only slightly annoying that 1. They haven't taken an active roll in trying to find a solution. What I mean by that is I alerted them within 12 hours of owning the reny. And 2. They seem to be sub par as far as knowing the intricacies of the vehicle. This kind of thing could happen with any brand and any vehicle. So I'm only put out a few hours at the dealership lounge. It will get resolved.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
They seem to be sub par as far as knowing the intricacies of the vehicle. This kind of thing could happen with any brand and any vehicle. So I'm only put out a few hours at the dealership lounge. It will get resolved.[/QUOTE]

When I was at Renault in the service department, one mechanic would be sent on a week course to learn about the new vehicle. For example when Renault launched the 5 GT Turbo a training course was held and one mechanic from each dealership's service department was sent on the course for a week. He then came back with the knowledge and he was able to diagnose and rectify any issues. Same when they launched the hi tech (was back in the mid 80s), 25 range. I would have thought that this practice would still be carried out.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
So, just got out of he dealership. 3 hours. (Though they did fix a cracked drivers side side window seal). And, the odometer is still blinking. I showed the service writer eldiablos post about what he found to be the problem (again) and he wounding read it (again). But, this time there is a diagnosis for what's causing the blinking odometer. It is..... An unrealized 68188670AC heated seat module and the part is now on order. Looking at a week to get this part.
I'm glad they seem to have it narrowed down, but sorry to hear you continue to have these frustrating experiences. Please let us know how everything goes once the part comes in and please let me know if there is anything I can do to further assist.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
**update** so, they got the part for the heated seat which was in their minds causing the odometer to blink. Made the appointment for today. 6 hours sitting in the waiting room, only to be told it isn't fixed they have no idea how to fix it and have opened a star something or rather with engineering and will call once they know more how to fix the blinking odometer. I have to say I never had an issue like this with my Mazda. At any rate, a few things come to mind. 1. Sahara Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Las Vegas really has no idea what they are doing, and has no idea about customer service. I highly anticipate Chrysler cooperate doesn't either. 20+ hours and 4 trips to the dealer for a seemingly minor thing, to no actual conclusion. 2. It took them Two weeks to get a part. Two weeks??? I ordered something from Hong Kong direct and I had it before this billion dollar corporation can secure a part for its own product? I call BS. On the part of Sahara Chrysler Jeep Dodge. This whole experience, now I'm irritated has bee less than pleasant.

By contrast if I spend 5.99 at a McDonald's and what I ordered isn't right, they'll give me a free one or a coupon for a free whatever. I'm NOT suggesting they give me a new car, but, considering the waste of time, the gas expense and so forth an offer of something would be actual customer service. Maybe fill my tank? Detail the car? So, the moral is you get better and more customer service from a fast food place spending $5 than you do from the company you spent $30,000 with to secure reliable transportation. Seems to me to be a little backwards.

Anyway. I will update you again once I hear back from them as to a knew avenue for them to try to fix, a blinking odometer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is not right, you can call Chrysler and open a case and let them start the ball rolling. Your part came out of the national depot and should have been there in 3-5 days, also they should have started the star case the second time you were in there not the 4th. I do not like to down grade other dealers but this is true bull, They could have called star while you were there after the case was opened. It seams as though they do not want to fix your car or care if it gets fixed. Call Chrysler customer assistance and get them involved, don't let them walk all over you about this and give you the run around.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ok. I talked to Chrysler customer service. And, found a couple interesting things. 1. They are going to forward my case to a case manager. 2. There have been a total of 5, yes 5 star cases opened on my reny. 3 of them, prior to my purchasing it and 2 dealing with the blinking odometer. And 3. Chrysler Customer service tried to call Sahara Chrysler Jeep Dodge and found one number didn't work and the other just rang. Which is funny, as I have had the same problem when calling them too just glad Chrysler Corp can't get a hold of one of their own dealerships.

This brings my thoughts to this conclusion. That they knew the reny had problems before they sold it to me. It had 3 star cases opened before I bought it. All of them having to do with check engine lights, which I haven't had an issue with, but the fact that the techs had this car in their shop multiple times PRIOR to my purchase, means they aren't unfamiliar with it. This tells me they knew about the blinking odometer, because how could you miss that having it in your shop at least 3 times before I brought the issue up. These facts really make me suspect to the reputation and honesty of both the dealer and Chrysler. If a tv has even a small defect and is fixed and then sold its sold at a steeply discounted price as a "reconditioned" tv. That said, was my reny previously purchased then returned? Shouldn't it be disclosed upon purchase? And shouldn't it be considered reconditioned of its had multiple issues prior to being sold?

It is super disappointing to think that I have a defective reny as I really do like it. Don't like that there is complete disregard for customer service, satisfaction and the time of a customer. Will update once I talk to the case manager and hopefully this all comes to a satisfactory conclusion.

·
Super Moderator
3,524 Posts
Ok. I talked to Chrysler customer service. And, found a couple interesting things. 1. They are going to forward my case to a case manager. 2. There have been a total of 5, yes 5 star cases opened on my reny. 3 of them, prior to my purchasing it and 2 dealing with the blinking odometer. And 3. Chrysler Customer service tried to call Sahara Chrysler Jeep Dodge and found one number didn't work and the other just rang. Which is funny, as I have had the same problem when calling them too just glad Chrysler Corp can't get a hold of one of their own dealerships.

This brings my thoughts to this conclusion. That they knew the reny had problems before they sold it to me. It had 3 star cases opened before I bought it. All of them having to do with check engine lights, which I haven't had an issue with, but the fact that the techs had this car in their shop multiple times PRIOR to my purchase, means they aren't unfamiliar with it. This tells me they knew about the blinking odometer, because how could you miss that having it in your shop at least 3 times before I brought the issue up. These facts really make me suspect to the reputation and honesty of both the dealer and Chrysler. If a tv has even a small defect and is fixed and then sold its sold at a steeply discounted price as a "reconditioned" tv. That said, was my reny previously purchased then returned? Shouldn't it be disclosed upon purchase? And shouldn't it be considered reconditioned of its had multiple issues prior to being sold?

It is super disappointing to think that I have a defective reny as I really do like it. Don't like that there is complete disregard for customer service, satisfaction and the time of a customer. Will update once I talk to the case manager and hopefully this all comes to a satisfactory conclusion.
If a car is titled, it can't be sold as new. If it remains untitled, it's something like 4k miles and then it can't be sold as new.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Its not Chrysler it is the dealer, each dealer is an independent franchise. It is bad business practice to sell the unit with a known problem and I know at my dealership we will not sell a new unit that has a non fixed problem. I hope that since you open a cair case you will now get the satisfaction to have your car fixed, they are very good at handling problems like this for the most part. Unfortunately they can not force the dealer to fix it but they can get you with a dealer that can help you more or will fix the problem. Here is something else you can ask for but I did not tell you to ask, see if they can send a tech rep to the dealer to get the problem fixed if you have no dealer satisfaction. These people work for Chrysler and deal with problems like this and are based in areas across the country, but this is a last resort to get them to come out. Just do not let this go and keep on top of Chrysler with this problem till it gets fixed or escalated to the local zone office for satisfaction. Good luck and I truly wish you had better dealers in your area, remember not all dealers are like this just some poor ones like any other business out there and they give us all a bad name.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
If a car is titled, it can't be sold as new. If it remains untitled, it's something like 4k miles and then it can't be sold as new.
If that is true it is seriously messed up. A car with 4000 miles on it can be sold as new?
I would not buy a car as new with 50 miles on it.

·
Super Moderator
3,524 Posts
If that is true it is seriously messed up. A car with 4000 miles on it can be sold as new?
I would not buy a car as new with 50 miles on it.
Well you know the mileage on them, so there isn't a surprise and there's usually a price to go with. In most instances the biggest thing to keep in mind is that at the magic number, there are implications for financing and such that may cause you problems.

There was at least one major scandal where a major car company had been handing out company cars, swapping them at about 3-5k and resetting the odometer without titling them. It got them in some trouble.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Ok... just to give an update as to where we are at. Ive talked several times to Chrysler customer service. They've been quite helpful. Coincidentally the woman's name that Ive been dealing with is Cherokee, a customer service manager. So, it turns out, that the explanation for the Star cases opened prior to me purchasing the vehicle, were for a software update that the dealership didn't have the correct software for. At least thats what they are telling me. 3 Star cases opened in June, I bought the car on July 17th. Just to be clear the car had 47 miles on it when I bought it, but having star cases opened before I took possession of it did raise some questions. Not whether it was new or not, but rather whether it had issues and was defective from the start and was sold to me regardless. Which, is definitely a dealership issue not a Chrysler issue per say.

Since I last posted, Ive waited a few weeks for an appointment to bring the car back into the dealership, them provide me a rental, and they have the car till its fixed. Apparently Sahara Jeep Dodge, has had quite a turnover in the service department, this is the reason for so many delays in getting it in. And also apparently a "regional service manager" for Chrysler is there now taking over until they can get some of the problems fixed within the department. So, that's a plus.

As it stands now, I took the car into the dealer on Wednesday October 7. I got a call from Cherokee at Chrysler this morning letting me know that the dealer hasn't found whats causing it, and have been on the phone with the corp techs and they are waiting for those protocols to take place, but it looks like Tuesday will be the earliest Ill have my car back. Love the car, absolutely disgusted with the customer service from Sahara Jeep, really nice Chrysler customer service, but my overall buying experience has been dismal and disappointing. If nothing gets resolved by Tuesday, I will escalate it to the level above the level I am at currently.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hello... sorry for the delay in posting. Heres an update. I dropped my Renny off on Oct 21 to the dealer, I was told they had the part. Body control module, which was supposedly in the last time I dropped it off. A week later, they called and said still waiting for the part. A week after that, they are still waiting for the part. A week after that, they got the part but feel its the heated seat module. (which was replaced back in August and was supposed to fix it). A week after that, still waiting for the part, and now ordered another body control module. A little over a week ago I escalated the service to have the vehicle replaced. As, this has been 5 months, from day one and no resolution. Even though Ive been told multiple times, by both the dealer, and Chrysler corp that they are in contact with Chrysler engineering. that being said, if 1. Chrysler engineering cant figure out an issue with a vehicle they, uh, engineered, then theres a flaw in the individual car. 2. If indeed, a heated seat module and body control module need to be replaced every few weeks, to keep this odometer from blinking, thats not a great selling point and I want my money back. 3. Youve had my car for multiple weeks, whilst Ive made payments, and if in that time, no one anywhere in the whole of engineering and service can figure out why, then it might be best to take the vehicle back, and study it. 4. I feel at this point, that engineering, and service techs are simply wetting a paper towel and tossing it at the wall to see what sticks. In other words, they have no idea and we'll throw this at it and see if this fixes it. Even if it were fixed knowing the above I wouldnt be completely confident in the vehicle lasting or not leaving me stranded somewhere.

So, Chrysler is doing the right thing. they approved it to be replaced. I have a Renny Trailhawk picked out and just waiting for all the paperwork to be done. Now, this whole thing has been very frustrating, but, Im not overly upset. Like, if you buy a Sony tv, and something doesnt work, you return it and buy the same tv and it works flawlessly for years. These things happen, sometimes no matter the best efforts, design and craftsmanship, things dont work. So Im not angry at the brand, not angry at the Renny.. And, quite happy Chrysler is doing the right thing in replacing it..

Anyway, once I get the new one Ill post pics of it and be back on here regular.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It is a shame that this occurred and you had to have it resolved this way, I just hope that your experience did not taint you toward all dealers. I know that at my dealership we put every effort to find the solution to the problem when this occurs but I can not speak for all dealers. As you have found there are those out there that give up very easily and are not putting in the extra effort to fix a vehicle. I hope that your new Renegade is trouble free and you have a better experience this time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Thanks eldiablo. I really appreciate you looking out throughout all the posts on this problem. I know there's bad apples in all industries. But, really I feel Chrysler has done the right thing. And the dealer I've outed them with the corp on every step of the way. I really hope the paperwork doesn't take much longer. Im ready to be out of the rental and back in a renny. I miss mine she really exited for the new one! Thanks again man!

21 - 40 of 78 Posts