Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help my blower motor quit working on all speeds took it out and it will run if u hook it to the batt I changed the resistor and checked all the fuses

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

All of the fuses??
All 4 fuse boxes?
1 in the engine compartment;
1 under the dash, left side;
2 in the cargo area, left side.

I believe that the blower motor fan is the one labeled: Air Conditioning Fan, fuse #83, 40 Amp Green, in the engine compartment.
There are a couple fuses under the dash that controls Air Conditioning also:
F31, 7.5 Amp Brown, that controls: Flashes/Electrical Movement Front Seats/Fan Air Conditioning.
F36, 15 Amp Blue, that controls: Supply Uconnect System, Air Conditioning, Alarm, Power Folding Outside Mirrors, USB Port.

(Owners Manual, page 472)

If the resister fails, the fan will still work in the high setting only (safety).

I wish you the best, please keep us updated.

Reactions: dgr401

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

All of the fuses??
All 4 fuse boxes?
1 in the engine compartment;
1 under the dash, left side;
2 in the cargo area, left side.

I believe that the blower motor fan is the one labeled: Air Conditioning Fan, fuse #83, 40 Amp Green, in the engine compartment.
There are a couple fuses under the dash that controls Air Conditioning also:
F31, 7.5 Amp Brown, that controls: Flashes/Electrical Movement Front Seats/Fan Air Conditioning.
F36, 15 Amp Blue, that controls: Supply Uconnect System, Air Conditioning, Alarm, Power Folding Outside Mirrors, USB Port.

(Owners Manual, page 472)

If the resister fails, the fan will still work in the high setting only (safety).

I wish you the best, please keep us updated.
Great information as usual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So blower fan works when hooked up to battery- put in new blower motor resistor and checked all fuses- what else can I try?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts