Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's now a scarlet women, a temptress! :x

I presume you used proper caliper paint?
Your presumption is correct. A couple of cars ago I bought a Dupli-Color kit and I still have quite a bit of ceramic heat resistant paint left over. I did it the easy/lazy way. I painted only the caliper that you can see with the wheels on the car, so most of the caliper is not painted, I did it with the caliper on the TH, I didn't bother to mask off anything I used a small artist brush to get close to parts you don't want to paint, and I did one wheel at a time. When I finished I put the wheel back on and moved to the next wheel. Also, my TH has only 1700 miles on it so the calipers weren't dirty especially where I painted so I didn't bother to spray brake kleen, comes in the kit, all over it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Speaking of painting the calipers.. I just picked up my '15 Seirra Blue Renegade. When I got it home I realized I had an old can of hi-temp duplocolor engine paint that's labeled "Ford Blue".. It's the exact color. EXACT. I was thinking of painting my calipers to match! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks good. I like the shiny silver, but I know the Northeast salt turns the calipers to a rust color pretty quick. So I should probably do it before the snow falls!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.