Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was super excited about my very first new car purchase, for all of 24 hours. I bought the car brand new, 2019 Jeep Renegade Limited with 52 miles on it Wednesday evening Nov 6th. Drove home and then to work Thursday evening. When I went to go home Friday morning, 8:30 am on November 8th, the remote start said it didn’t work, and when I got in and tried to start it, nothing. But the power to the radio, bluetooth and headlights were on. But I couldn't get anything to turn on or off. We couldn’t get it to shift gears either. It got towed to the dealership near where I work (not where I bought it) and they had it for a week. So I had the car 30 hours and put 60 miles on it, a vehicle that was in service less than two hours total! and the dealer had it a week and put 40 miles on it. They replaced the Body Control Module and cleared the 35 error codes it threw. Now the remote start doesn't turn on the heated seats or steering wheel and when you manually turn them on, they turn off at every stop sign! I haven't figured out the Uconnect or any of the other settings, so suggestions are appreciated. At this point I’m between disgusted and furious, there is no way I trust this to be a reliable vehicle.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
How are the American Laws on getting a full refund for goods that are not of merchantable quality?

I understand that it's fair to allow the Dealership a chance to find and fix the fault on any car least of all a new car. I would IMHO also allow them a second chance seeing as cars nowadays are full of electronics. Though you are not yet at a 3rd repair I would suggest letting the Dealership know in advance that you are now far from happy and seeking to return the vehicle if the next repair/update doesn't work.

Perhaps it may just be a setting that you are not yet familiar with?

Personally I have the start/stop turned OFF and cannot bear the thought that I could be on a beach in 4x4 mode where the tide races up the beach and my car doesnt start after cutting out whilst in neutral but that is only a preference.

Have you asked the Dealership to sit with you for 30 mins and take you over the settings? I am sure that will be more to their liking as they know that you are then a little more profficient in working the variety of settings that are available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, the dealerships hands are clean the second the loan papers are signed. All concerns now go through the manufacturer. Which I have started. I have VERY CLEARLY expressed my displeasure. And contacted an attorney. But laws in US state they have to be given a chance to fix it. At least a couple of times. So either its a repair they can’t make, or they have it in service greater than 30 days during the first year or 12,000 miles before they are required to replace it or are forced to buy it back from you. So, I picked it up .... and I disheartedly wait.

But I also agree with you, maybe it was just a fluke. Maybe repair one will be it and I can start to love my purchase again. Plus, maybe what it’s doing now is actually what it’s suppose to be doing. Sitting with the dealership is a great idea. This was the reward for years of hard work and getting through nursing school. I’m trying not to panic that I just signed onto a $30k lemon!!! Each time it starts is a good day :). Prayers as I head into four nights in a row of working, I have no surprises come morning!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I was super excited about my very first new car purchase, for all of 24 hours. I bought the car brand new, 2019 Jeep Renegade Limited with 52 miles on it Wednesday evening Nov 6th. Drove home and then to work Thursday evening. When I went to go home Friday morning, 8:30 am on November 8th, the remote start said it didn’t work, and when I got in and tried to start it, nothing. But the power to the radio, bluetooth and headlights were on. But I couldn't get anything to turn on or off. We couldn’t get it to shift gears either. It got towed to the dealership near where I work (not where I bought it) and they had it for a week. So I had the car 30 hours and put 60 miles on it, a vehicle that was in service less than two hours total! and the dealer had it a week and put 40 miles on it. They replaced the Body Control Module and cleared the 35 error codes it threw. Now the remote start doesn't turn on the heated seats or steering wheel and when you manually turn them on, they turn off at every stop sign! I haven't figured out the Uconnect or any of the other settings, so suggestions are appreciated. At this point I’m between disgusted and furious, there is no way I trust this to be a reliable vehicle.
Hi Ddbasham,
We're sorry to hear about your experience. If your vehicle is equipped with the "Auto-On Comfort", you can adjust your settings so that your heated steering wheel and heated seat turn on at every remote start, all starts or none. These options can be found in your Uconnect Settings. Please note that this feature will only work if temperatures are below 40 degrees Fahrenheit. If after going through this process, you feel this aspect of your vehicle is not functioning as designed, we do recommend returning to your dealer. If you need any assistance during your service visit, please feel free to send our team a private message.
Alex
JeepCares

·
Registered
29 Posts
the heated seat and steering wheel have a setting in the uconnect. They turn on at 39 or 40 degrees with any start if set to. That may have been turned off with the work done. As for toruning off at every stop, when the engine stop start shuts the engine off, the heated seat and steering wheel shut off but do not turn back on.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
the heated seat and steering wheel have a setting in the uconnect. They turn on at 39 or 40 degrees with any start if set to. That may have been turned off with the work done. As for toruning off at every stop, when the engine stop start shuts the engine off, the heated seat and steering wheel shut off but do not turn back on.
Mine doesn't have that option (2016 model) in the uConnect.
If I start the Renegade and it is 39 degrees outside, the heated seats and steering wheel come on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My step daughter just had this same exact issue with the Jeep not starting they jumped it thinking that was the problem an it started but would not shift at all. She too had to have it towed and know Jeep is telling her that she voided the warranty by allowing the tow guy to bypass the shift gear the way it says to in the Jeep Renegade handbook blaming her for the shifter not working at 45,000 miles. Not happy about it we will be spending the day on the phone today I am sure. About to find out if Jeep can stand up to Excellent customer service or not..

·
Registered
303 Posts
My step daughter just had this same exact issue with the Jeep not starting they jumped it thinking that was the problem an it started but would not shift at all. She too had to have it towed and know Jeep is telling her that she voided the warranty by allowing the tow guy to bypass the shift gear the way it says to in the Jeep Renegade handbook blaming her for the shifter not working at 45,000 miles. Not happy about it we will be spending the day on the phone today I am sure. About to find out if Jeep can stand up to Excellent customer service or not..
If the directions were followed in the manual, then there should be no reason that the warranty is void.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts