Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all!
New guy here. Point and laugh. :laugh:

Anywhoo, just traded my BELOVED 2012 Chevy Colorado LT for a brand new (leftover) 2015 Renny Sport 1.4. It's my first new vehicle in over 20 years. I'm stoked.

I actually work for the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Fiat/Alfa dealership where I bought it and did the lot prep on it when it came off the truck 8 months ago. The funny thing is, I told one of my coworkers that if I were in a position to buy at that time, I would have bought it that day. Well, I'm now in a position, and it's sitting in my driveway. :)

It's got the convenience package with the uconnect 5.0, A/C, heated mirrors, backup camera, etc. Sticker was $21.845, but because it was a leftover '15, I got it for $17,900. Plus a $2500 rebate from Chrysler. Which was needed as I was upside down a bit on my truck.

All-in-all, I'm in love. The only thing I see changing is getting rid of the steeelies and going with either the silver 17" OEM rims, or some sort of aftermarket rims. (I'm open to suggestions!)

I even like the color. Which isn't everyone's cup of tea. ;)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I like the color and the steel wheels. Congratulations on your purchase.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Looks great! I actually love the look of the black steelies more so than the 17" silver rims.
Thanks! And you know what? The steelies are really starting to grow on me. A lot. :)

OD if you plan to lift or wheel it at all, I will be moving to NOVA in September. Could be fun to do a run together.
Chris,
I REALLY appreciate the offer and would love to make a run! But I'm 2wd so I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to venture very far offroad. :)

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
The 4x2 Renegades off road will surprise you. Ok, so it ain't gonna do what a 4x4 will do, but you can still have fun and that is what it is about. Oh yeah and be renegade.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok. So here's the skinny on the OPT7 LED's. The light output is a tad less than my previous 35watt HID's and high beams don't penetrate down the road as far as Halogens. But they do light up the road better on low beams (vs halogens) and look **** cool doing it. Also, once the LED's are rotated to reflect sideways, the beam pattern is actually pretty good and not scattered.

BUT!!!

This is all moot, as apparently the BCU (or another such module) poll each headlight every 3 seconds even when the headlights are switched off, causing one headlight to flash, then the other, then the other and so on. Looks like wig wags on a cop car. Kinda cool, but ultimately illegal.

http://vid1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc374/method2madnesss/VID_20160414_203534.mp4

Oh well. It was worth a try. Sucks too, as they REALLY do look badass...
But they're boxed up and ready to go back.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.