Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Just wanted to add my experience with another brand of LED headlight bulb... Based on a few write-ups and reviews I know the majority of us may have went with the OPT7 brand. I decided to try another brand so I ended up purchasing a set of BROVIEW S7 9008 H13 LED at a discounted prince through Snagshout.com ($55) They're rated at total of 50W 8000Lumen 6500K (25w 4000 lumen each)

Here's my Amazon review on them:

"This product was provided at a discounted price in exchange for my honest review." Ordered this set for my 2015 Jeep Renegade. The product arrived this afternoon and I've only gotten as far as replacing the factory bulbs with the LED bulbs during a short break. It's still daytime, no bulb adjustments have been made at this time so I can't speak on brightness or cutoff just yet. So far, I know they turn on and haven't noticed any canbus error codes displayed on my dashboard info display. One minor issue while installing, I noticed the pin connection from the ballast to the factory Jeep harness was slightly lower than where they needed to go. I had to bend the pins upward in order to make the connection. Once connected, the bulb and ballast fit behind the headlight dustcap without issue.

Update:
4-Stars! 6000/6500k White light with slight blue tint. Light output seems improved over factory halogen, will update after some night driving. Simple installation, no bulky ballast to worry about and no warm up delay compared to HID. Light cutoff isn't sharp but acceptable (to me) considering it's in a non-projector housing. Ability to adjust bulb positioning with set screw to achieve proper light output.

-1 Star for: needing to bend pins and could have had better shielding/protection on the harness connected to ballast.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good to know! I had the OPT7's in and was experiencing the issue of a flicker or flashing of the bulbs after turning off the vehicle for a few minutes. OPT7 wants a resister on the Renegade it seems. Any issue with anything like that on these?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ordered a set last night to replace the Starks I have in there now. Hopefully they do as well. My only reason for changing out the Starks is they're 3 sided and the light pattern is weird because there's only 3/4 reflector coverage until the high beams are illuminated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.