Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Deserthawk has begun bucking and chugging like a bull. I thought maybe it was just some bad gas. Ran it down to half a tank and refilled and a ways up the road, it threw a service light. Doesn't matter the speed. Idle, 30, 70 - it's bucking about. Other than the stupid mysky roof sticking, I haven't had any problems and I just crossed 52k. Anyone had a similar issue? I dropped it off at dealer early this morning but I've heard nothing from them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and enjoy the forum!

Headshot is 100% correct!
Just to let you know Search is your friend.
Thanks. I had searched and figured it was the transmission but it seemed most were experiencing stalling at low RPMs but not jerking about at all RPMs. Hopefully that's what it is. I thought it could also be fuel pump, injectors, spark plugs, etc.

I haven't heard from dealer yet. I didn't purchase from this dealership and my experience has been less than satisfying dealing with them. Slow, poor communication, and the like. I spent four hours waiting for an oil change and cabin filter replacement (and they broke my glove box doing it). So I haven't got much faith.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally heard from the dealer. Wouldn't tell me what code it blew. They didn't flash the transmission like I asked. They suggested the problem "may" be a spark plug (because I suggested if it wasn't the transmission, it may be a spark plug ). Wanted $835 worth of non-covered repairs that "may" fix the problem when they hadn't tried the covered diagnostic. I will be avoiding that dealership from now on! Thankfully I have other options.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Finally heard from the dealer. Wouldn't tell me what code it blew. They didn't flash the transmission like I asked. They suggested the problem "may" be a spark plug (because I suggested if it wasn't the transmission, it may be a spark plug ). Wanted $835 worth of non-covered repairs that "may" fix the problem when they hadn't tried the covered diagnostic. I will be avoiding that dealership from now on! Thankfully I have other options.
Yes, stay away from that dealership. How can they come up with a price and supposedly not know what the problem is? I have become very selective in the dealerships when getting a new vehicle. It starts in the sales department. When I determine that I know a lot more about the vehicle I am intending to purchase than the salesman I walk out and go to another.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So now that I refused $835 in quoted costs, they say the code was ignition coil failure and they won't flash transmission because they don't have that code. So we'll see. I won't be going to this dealership again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
"So now that I refused $835 in quoted costs, they say the code was ignition coil failure and they won't flash transmission because they don't have that code. So we'll see. I won't be going to this dealership again."

It's amazing really,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hundreds of millions are spent on advertising to obtain new customers, then the service dept blows them out the door.
Not just FCA, almost all are guilty of this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
These goofy cars are well known for the wonky tranny. Especially when cold, they'll snap you around like a rag doll. Try a flash, but you might want to go to an "aftermarket" shop and not a dealer. The little soup up shops have better software styles, they can tweak better. The dealer wants top dollar and really don't give a flying. IMHO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
"So now that I refused $835 in quoted costs, they say the code was ignition coil failure and they won't flash transmission because they don't have that code. So we'll see. I won't be going to this dealership again."

It's amazing really,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hundreds of millions are spent on advertising to obtain new customers, then the service dept blows them out the door.
Not just FCA, almost all are guilty of this.
you got that right, they are expensive to work on at the dealer, just for a lug nut they wanted 20 bucks, i have a 2016 jeep renegade superman vs batman edition 4x4. now on the closing problem on the roof if you dont put them in just right its hard to get them on correctly, and you have to oil them once per year and the dust seal usually comes off and i had them replaced once but still fell off so i gorilla glued them back on, it works for a while but redid the this year that may be what is hanging them up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts