Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says. Literally right before I come to a complete stop, my rig bucks or jumps once then stops moving. Disabled hill assist and it does it on all levels of surfaces. Anyone have a similar problem?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I noticed a similar sensation in a Cherokee I rented last week, but that was the engine shutting down as I came to a stop. Disabling the auto-stop feature took care of that. Not sure if you have that or not.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed a similar sensation in a Cherokee I rented last week, but that was the engine shutting down as I came to a stop. Disabling the auto-stop feature took care of that. Not sure if you have that or not.
i don’t have the auto-stop feature

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine does the same thing, it's when it's shifting back into first.
I've had nothing but problems be when it comes to going into and coming out of second gear.
Mine is the 9 speed trans tho, so that might be the difference.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I've had nothing but problems be when it comes to going into and coming out of second gear.
Hello Snooks130,
We are certainly sorry to hear of your recent concern. Have you considered addressing this with your Jeep dealer? If not, we would kindly recommend doing so as they are in the best position to assist you. If you decide to go this route and would like additional assistance from our end, you can reach out to us via private message.
Laura
JeepCares

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn’t know it was downshifting back into first. Now it makes total sense. So when does our non-THs start in second gear from a stop?

·
Registered
887 Posts
I didn’t know it was downshifting back into first. Now it makes total sense. So when does our non-THs start in second gear from a stop?
The 9 speed auto Renegade usually starts in 2nd gear in Snow Mode. They will not shift into first gear until a full stop. If there is any motion (rolling stop) it will stay in 2nd gear and shift upwards from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts